Webasto Fuel

tearoomtom

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, tearoomtom said:

Hi. I have been told that I can run my Webasto thermo top C on Kerosene, Does any body have any information. I have a  supply of kerosene and its under 30p per litre.

Regards Tom

Sounds good.

Where do you get it from?

Please say it's within a couple of miles from Huddersfield.

2 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Yes but it lacks some of the lubricating properties of diesel. 

If you put 10% kero into your diesel it lowers the low temperature waxing point by 5 degrees (F)

1 minute ago, smiler said:

Yes to both.

Technically YES - as long as you add a lubricant to stop the injector pump becoming damaged.

Legally NO (if a leisure boat) as you cannot use 'rebated' fuel, and must pay full duty for fuel used for propulsion.

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

If you put 10% kero into your diesel it lowers the low temperature waxing point by 5 degrees (F)

Technically YES - as long as you add a lubricant to stop the injector pump becoming damaged.

Legally NO (if a leisure boat) as you cannot use 'rebated' fuel, and must pay full duty for fuel used for propulsion.

Ok thanks

3 minutes ago, tearoomtom said:

Please read the original question and reply accordingly. I do not want to run my boat on kerosene but my Weabasto heater.

Yes, but other folk have asked if they could. Anyway, your question was answered in the first couple of replies. 

57 minutes ago, tearoomtom said:

Please read the original question and reply accordingly. I do not want to run my boat on kerosene but my Weabasto heater.

Welcome to the best Canal forum.

Got that at the beginning but on here we tend to have subject creep onto anything else remotely similar. Your question was excellent.

Please don't be offended, just join in the fun,

3 hours ago, smiler said:

Interesting - thanks

Although it's possible to run a diesel engine on Kerosene with oil additive is would be illegal to use on the road or in a boat without paying the propulsion tax.