St Marys Marina. Rufford.

sailor0500

Featured Posts

Haven't moored there (we're at Fettlers opposite) however did take the boat to St Marys for blacking a couple of months ago and was very satisfied with the outcome. Both staff and other boaters I spoke to were friendly and the former were also very helpful and knowledgeable. The maintenance facilities seemed good to me. The Brasserie is a nice place to have a drink and a meal (as is Tastebuds at Fettlers I might add!). Last I heard moorings were fully booked with a waiting list. Whilst I'm quite happy at Fettlers I'd have no objection to mooring at St Marys I think as long as it wasn't at the south end of the marina where you would have boats adjacent on three sides. The possible downside to both marinas are the seven locks onto the Leeds Liverpool.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/10/2020 at 18:36, bill brown said:

Haven't moored there (we're at Fettlers opposite) however did take the boat to St Marys for blacking a couple of months ago and was very satisfied with the outcome. Both staff and other boaters I spoke to were friendly and the former were also very helpful and knowledgeable. The maintenance facilities seemed good to me. The Brasserie is a nice place to have a drink and a meal (as is Tastebuds at Fettlers I might add!). Last I heard moorings were fully booked with a waiting list. Whilst I'm quite happy at Fettlers I'd have no objection to mooring at St Marys I think as long as it wasn't at the south end of the marina where you would have boats adjacent on three sides. The possible downside to both marinas are the seven locks onto the Leeds Liverpool.

Thanks for the review Bill. Mike.

I used Fettlers for a couple of weeks maybe 3 years ago and I couldn’t fault it. 
It looked like they were constantly making improvements. 
The man who looks after it is a lovely bloke. He’s an ex game keeper and a yorkshire man. 
Bumped into him in Liverpool last summer. We remembered each other ?

I can recommend scarisbrick marina stayed there from February as I had major surgery ended up staying until June due to corvid, Sarah & Daniel where very welcoming in fact bent over backwards to keep everyone safe