Can we cruise or not ?

Karl

Featured Posts

So it’s been announced today that Denbishire and Wales is now under some sort of restrictions regarding the Covid 19 pandemic. From what I understand and deduct from CRT website you can cruise with people in your household bubble if your already in Denbishire or wales but cannot enter the ware if outside of it ! 

I am in Cheshire and plan to cruise next week. We’re not in any sort of lockdown yet but expect we will be shortly. Does this mean I can cruise within Cheshire as long as I stay within the county or at present cruise we’re we like as long we don’t go into lockdown areas such as Denbishire and Wales ? It’s all a little bit unclear.

5 minutes ago, Karl said:

So it’s been announced today that Denbishire and Wales is now under some sort of restrictions regarding the Covid 19 pandemic. From what I understand and deduct from CRT website you can cruise with people in your household bubble if your already in Denbishire or wales but cannot enter the ware if outside of it ! 

I am in Cheshire and plan to cruise next week. We’re not in any sort of lockdown yet but expect we will be shortly. Does this mean I can cruise within Cheshire as long as I stay within the county or at present cruise we’re we like as long we don’t go into lockdown areas such as Denbishire and Wales ? It’s all a little bit unclear.

I thought non essential travel into and out of those areas of Wales was now prohibited?

So for now stay in England I would say.

10 minutes ago, Karl said:

Currently Cheshire has no restrictions so you can cruise as normal.

Wales has restrictions so you cannot enter the restricted areas (the counties of Wrexham, Flintshire, Denbighshire, Conwy) so you cannot come from England and enter those counties.

You can only access Gwynedd or Anglesey (where we are) by using the A55 and no stopping is allowed.

The new measures will come into force at 6pm on Thursday 1 October, to protect people’s health and control the spread of the virus in the four areas.

The new restrictions will apply to everyone living in Denbighshire, Flintshire, Conwy and Wrexham:

• People will not be allowed to enter or leave each of these areas without a reasonable excuse, such as travel for work or education;
  • People will only be able to meet people they don’t live with outdoors for the time being. They will not be able to form, or be in, extended households;

Under the restrictions no-one can leave or enter a lockdown area except for a limited set of reasons, including:

• to work, if you cannot work from home
  • to provide care
  • travelling to education
  • elite athletic training and competitions
  • to provide or receive emergency assistance
  • to meet a legal obligation, and to access or receive public services
  • to avoid injury or illness or escape a risk of harm

It is permitted to travel through the areas concerned, so motorists can continue to use the A55 to get to or out of Gwynedd and Anglesey.

Rules allowing people to meet extended households are suspended, meaning people can only be with their usual household when indoors, including in pubs and restaurants.

Other Wales-wide restrictions apply, including the wearing of face masks in shops.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

The whole Wales/England/Scotland thing is nothing short of something worthy of a comedy sketch on Monty Python.

The political posturing by wee Jimmy Krankey and the welsh bod who's name I cannot even remember is frankly comedic.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

10 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Currently Cheshire has no restrictions so you can cruise as normal.

Wales has restrictions so you cannot enter the restricted areas (the counties of Wrexham, Flintshire, Denbighshire, Conwy) so you cannot come from England and enter those counties.

You can only access Gwynedd or Anglesey (where we are) by using the A55 and no stopping is allowed.

The new measures will come into force at 6pm on Thursday 1 October, to protect people’s health and control the spread of the virus in the four areas.

The new restrictions will apply to everyone living in Denbighshire, Flintshire, Conwy and Wrexham:

• People will not be allowed to enter or leave each of these areas without a reasonable excuse, such as travel for work or education;
  • People will only be able to meet people they don’t live with outdoors for the time being. They will not be able to form, or be in, extended households;

Under the restrictions no-one can leave or enter a lockdown area except for a limited set of reasons, including:

• to work, if you cannot work from home
  • to provide care
  • travelling to education
  • elite athletic training and competitions
  • to provide or receive emergency assistance
  • to meet a legal obligation, and to access or receive public services
  • to avoid injury or illness or escape a risk of harm

It is permitted to travel through the areas concerned, so motorists can continue to use the A55 to get to or out of Gwynedd and Anglesey.

Rules allowing people to meet extended households are suspended, meaning people can only be with their usual household when indoors, including in pubs and restaurants.

Other Wales-wide restrictions apply, including the wearing of face masks in shops.

Can you not use the A5 to get to Holyhead 

The correct answer is YES you can cruise in Wales. I had a house booked in Wales and I phoned their gov visit wales site and spoke to someone whos says that holidays are allowed as its part of the economy and to be careful. I also have a link to their site saying the same by one of their ministers. Barmy I know but its fact. I was told that holidays would be stopped only if the border was closed. Its also strange that you can visit any area in wales to view residential property for sale as I also asked about that.

Edited by mrsmelly

6 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

The correct answer is YES you can cruise in Wales. I had a house booked in Wales and I phoned their gov visit wales site and spoke to someone whos says that holidays are allowed as its part of the economy and to be careful. I also have a link to their site saying the same by one of their ministers. Barmy I know but its fact. I was told that holidays would be stopped only if the border was closed. Its also strange that you can visit any area in wales to view residential property for sale as I also asked about that.

I think Mark Drakeford has written to Boris to clarify this. If you live in a lockdown area of wales then you cannot go on holiday out of the area, but if you live in a lockdown area of England you can go on holiday. 

14 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Can you not use the A5 to get to Holyhead 

Yes, as that is not within the restricted counties (It skirts along the Wrexham 'border'

9 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

That all seems very at odds with the website updated yesterday saying that you cannot enter of leave a 'restricted' area as of 6pm last night.

Maybe your question was asked prior to that time ?

Interesting this debate as your holiday is another persons business and whilst holidays are frowned upon everything possible is being done to encourage business activity

I hope this is all OK as my new boat is coming into Wales from Northern Ireland on Monday en-route to Stourport for a Tuesday launch ?.

17 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Yes, as that is not within the restricted counties (It skirts along the Wrexham 'border'

The A5 goes through Conwy, Denbighshire & Wrexham which are all now in local lockdown. I used the road yesterday to go and winterise the boat as who knows when I could do it otherwise. 

33 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

No wonder people are confused,

8 minutes ago, Tonka said:

The A5 goes through Conwy, Denbighshire & Wrexham which are all now in local lockdown. I used the road yesterday to go and winterise the boat as who knows when I could do it otherwise. 

I was wrong - yes it does go thru the Southern parts of each of those. I thought it was just outside.

11 hours ago, Karl said:

The Llangollen canal is problematic before you get to Chirk. There is a short stretch just beyond Whixall Moss where it dips across the Welsh border for just under two miles. See the dash/cross black line below. Can you cruise through this bit if you don't stop? A bit like the road to West Berlin before reunification. Is it OK if you have gone boating to check your eyesight? Is that an acceptable excuse in Wales as it is in England?

wrexham1.jpg.5322edbb4859d039f48aec2e0cb49e3c.jpg

Before there, the border appears to run alongside the canal for around half a mile. Has the towpath been mined? What about the guard towers and the dogs let loose in the disputed zone? Is it safe to cruise this bit?

wrexham2.jpg.097bfc2fb2ca6a3e76df648355cfc1c5.jpg

Jen

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies

Looks like a lobster pot situation - if you're not in a lockdown place you can travel to a place that is, but once there you're in lockdown so you can't leave. Also known as Hotel California Syndrome.

As the infection rate appears to worsen dramatically under local lockdown,   I'd avoid those places like, if you'll forgive the phrase, the plague.

• Happy 1

3 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Interesting Tim!

5 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

It's interesting how Covid-19 behaves differently in Wales and England - who knew it was so hot on Geography?

If it can tell the difference between 10pm and 11pm then it's no stretch to imagine it's good at Geography ;) 

7 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

It's interesting how Covid-19 behaves differently in Wales and England - who knew it was so hot on Geography?

The whole thing is experimental, if folks behaved in a disciplined manner and sanitised at every oportunity and stayed in their bubble, then we might have a chance of controling the virus, but that is not going to happen.

I am looking at another twelve months of this confusion and recklessness, nothing I can do about it except creep around like a criminal while the hoi poloi and the chavs do what they would have done anyway.

Edited by LadyG