Well done CaRT

MartinC

Featured Posts

Good job CaRT, great to hear stories like this.

I have always been incredibly impressed with them in all my dealings with them, so far I haven't been affected by any maintenance or stoppages. Once there was a lock that was chained shut because of a lifted slab on the side (not really dangerous if you were careful) but a cowboy boater (NOT me) bolt cropped it and I took advantage of the gap.

That is the only time in 2 years of CCing I have been affected by a stoppage, but I've probably just been lucky I guess?

As for the strategic management, sadly I have no doubt that you are right but is it CaRT's fault? Or do they simply not have enough money to maintain industrial-age infrastructure with modern day wages and standards, with all value being leisure rather than commercial? I can't bring myself to blame CaRT for that.

4 hours ago, ivan&alice said:

Good job CaRT, great to hear stories like this.

I have always been incredibly impressed with them in all my dealings with them, so far I haven't been affected by any maintenance or stoppages. Once there was a lock that was chained shut because of a lifted slab on the side (not really dangerous if you were careful) but a cowboy boater (NOT me) bolt cropped it and I took advantage of the gap.

That is the only time in 2 years of CCing I have been affected by a stoppage, but I've probably just been lucky I guess?

As for the strategic management, sadly I have no doubt that you are right but is it CaRT's fault? Or do they simply not have enough money to maintain industrial-age infrastructure with modern day wages and standards, with all value being leisure rather than commercial? I can't bring myself to blame CaRT for that.

I get the impression, on this particular waterway (CHESTERFIELD) that there is not enough money for maintenance, it is little used, and I think that the number of complaints will be low, I haven't made a report of problems, there simply is not enough time, and they already must be aware of them, they can't wave a magic wand. 

Edited by LadyG