Locked or chained paddles

jddevel

Featured Posts

Just now, jddevel said:

In anticipation of more virus restricted movements what locks on the GU occurred in the last total lockdown please.

None other than those taken out of use because they were ******* (broken).

2 minutes ago, jddevel said:

In anticipation of more virus restricted movements what locks on the GU occurred in the last total lockdown please.

Wasnt all none essential travel prohibited during the last 'total' lock down.

I dont think locks and chains were involved, any where.

1 hour ago, jddevel said:

Foxton, Watford, Bascote. You could arrange passage with valid reason.

I moved several boats in the March-June period and had no problems so long as I followed the social distancing rules and had good valid reasons from the owners.

5 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Foxton, Watford, Bascote. You could arrange passage with valid reason.

I moved several boats in the March-June period and had no problems so long as I followed the social distancing rules and had good valid reasons from the owners.

So what valid reasons did they give for their boats to be moved?

Out of interest.?

All none essential travel was prohibited during the last lockdown and I seem to recall you mocked the Foxes Afloat for bending the rules, so how did you manage it?

To expand  I`ve some may stupidly, have already given notice to my current mooring location and therefore need to move to the new mooring within the next 2 weeks  to my new one. I class it as necessary but concerned as whether irresposible although my move decision was made before the current spikes in virus problems. I could potentially remain where I am but then would be paying for moorings twice.

9 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

So what valid reasons did they give for their boats to be moved?

Out of interest.?

All none essential travel was prohibited during the last lockdown and I seem to recall you mocked the Foxes Afloat for bending the rules, so how did you manage it?

Not really your business, that was between the owners and CRT.

I didnt mock FA, I did criticize the fact that the nation behaved itself in the most whilst they carried on blogging along the canals and onto the Thames whilst doing a Cummings.

1 minute ago, jddevel said:

To expand  I`ve some may stupidly, have already given notice to my current mooring location and therefore need to move to the new mooring within the next 2 weeks  to my new one. I class it as necessary but concerned as whether irresposible although my move decision was made before the current spikes in virus problems. I could potentially remain where I am but then would be paying for moorings twice.

If you have given notice and started paying elsewhere, you will be allowed to move, as the first mooring may be re-let, and like you say, you cant afford 2 fees.

9 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Not really your business, that was between the owners and CRT.

Not an unexpected response.?

It may have been helpful to other boaters in deciding if they should move in the (potential) next one, or at least decide to approach CRT.

2 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Not an unexpected response.?

It may have been helpful to other boaters in deciding if they should move in the (potential) next one, or at least decide to approach CRT.

The guidelines and possible reasons are all on the various information and guidance released by CRT during the Covid19 lockdown.

I am sure someone who thinks they may need to move is capable of contacting CRT if not sure.

Gallinago_gallinago_a1.JPG

1 hour ago, roland elsdon said:

Cant see movement being restricted. English govt has little taste for it.

It leads to wobbly vision issues apparently.

Would be more concerned in Wales or Scotland where they are more featured.

Wales going for local lockdown that will impact Llangollen, so anyone there has until 6pm Thursday to get out!

12 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Wales going for local lockdown that will impact Llangollen, so anyone there has until 6pm Thursday to get out!

Its all a bit pathetic really, so if anybody is currently in the lockdown area and bearing in mind you may be pre or asymptomatic leave now, and spread it elsewhere...

2 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Its all a bit pathetic really, so if anybody is currently in the lockdown area and bearing in mind you may be pre or asymptomatic leave now, and spread it elsewhere...

They don't have to leave they can stay there and accept the restrictions.    How can they imposed required restrictions without the problem you suggest?

The fact you suggest leaving boaters might be spreading the virus shows the need for restrictions, as your statement admits people moving round etc spreads/possibly spreads the virus.

Just now, The Happy Nomad said:

Last word..........

Oops maybe not.

As that wasn't addressed to me I was going to let it go, but then I thought he won't realise why I haven't replied.   So try again with out quoting me or referencing me and you can have the last word.   Remember I said when I was being insulted.

3 minutes ago, Jerra said:

As that wasn't addressed to me I was going to let it go, but then I thought he won't realise why I haven't replied.   So try again with out quoting me or referencing me and you can have the last word.   Remember I said when I was being insulted.

Try a bit of Disney to help you chill....