Mastervolt Combi 12/2000-100 parts identification please

Shaughn

Featured Posts

Good day All,

I was hoping someone could assist with information on the electronic components damage by severe electrical surge created by our electricity supply commission.

Some of the resistors are burnt and I cannot recognize the values.

The Op- amp circled in red has no information on it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated !

Location of damaged components 2    RED indicates components without numbers or values.jpg

Location of damaged components 3.jpg

Mastervolt   2 resistors got hot.jpg

Hi Alan,  I live in South Africa and there is only 1 electricity supplier with monopoly over the whole country.

They do not entertain ANY claims for Any damages whatsoever.  They loadshed whenever they want and the surges from switching on again has damaged millions of electrical items and they don't respond or care -  It is run by government .

17 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

You could try Kuranda in Whalley Bridge, Derbyshire but you may find them secretive. You will struggle repairing this, even the main agents world wide send them back to the Netherlands.

I think you'll find Tracy is right. My 12/2500-100 failed in a similar manner, and I found Mastervolt deep repair information to be illusive. Mastervolt manuals are very good but, once you get beyond them, Mastervolt won't tell you anything other than to return it to their flat fee repair loop in the Netherlands for diagnosis and possible repair at a cost of £400+. If they can't fix it, or its obsolete, they scrap it and offer 25% of the rrp of a replacement. You can also pay for them to post the heavy unit back. I didn't take the risk. :(

• 1 month later...

If some kind person has the same version circuit board they could photograph the resistors in question and so long as the colours are reasonably accurate the coloured bands will tell you the value.

Even better they could measure the component values with a multimeter so long as they are safe to go inside a mains power unit.

On 29/09/2020 at 17:41, Sea Dog said:

I think you'll find Tracy is right. My 12/2500-100 failed in a similar manner, and I found Mastervolt deep repair information to be illusive. Mastervolt manuals are very good but, once you get beyond them, Mastervolt won't tell you anything other than to return it to their flat fee repair loop in the Netherlands for diagnosis and possible repair at a cost of £400+. If they can't fix it, or its obsolete, they scrap it and offer 25% of the rrp of a replacement. You can also pay for them to post the heavy unit back. I didn't take the risk. :(

Absolutely identical experience to mine. Often wondered what Victron's repair policy is.

1 hour ago, Slim said:

Absolutely identical experience to mine. Often wondered what Victron's repair policy is.

In short :

Battery charger 'broke'

Phoned and spoke to importer/Agent - do some self checks, if they dont work send it to them

Sent to importer / Agent - got a call need to send it to manufacturer.

Got a call from manufacturer - its dead, shall we return it £30 P+P cost.

No offer of 25% discount on a new one.

When the transfer relay on our Multiplus failed after 5 years in 2012 it was considered unrepairable and we were given a discount off a new unit. Don't think it was anything near 25% though. And we had to buy a different remote control to go with it!

When that unit decided to trip the main RCD at Salthouse Dock last year, the fault was diagnosed over the phone, I took the unit back to Onboard Energy who replaced a PCB and I refitted it OK.

Well, OK except that it was programmed for a house with solar, which caused the power from the gennie to 'drop out' at odd times, and took a very long time before we realized why.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

In short :

Battery charger 'broke'

Phoned and spoke to importer/Agent - do some self checks, if they dont work send it to them

Sent to importer / Agent - got a call need to send it to manufacturer.

Got a call from manufacturer - its dead, shall we return it £30 P+P cost.

No offer of 25% discount on a new one.

On balance a better deal. Even with MV 's discount I got a better deal buying a MV new from Compass Marine. 

Oh, thanks for the info.

Edited by Slim

• 3 months later...

Good evening, I have exactly the same problem. The same resistors are burnt and the OpAmp/Mosfet has no type type label.

Did you succeed with the repair ?

Can you help me with the identification, please ?

I am desperately seeking for infomation.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

I had more or with the red line on top is an Power MOS IGBT APT25GP120BDQ1G.

If I am not mistaken the the resistors next to it are 0.47Ohm ones.

But can anybody help me with the other resistor values please ?

Edited by WhitePearl