Bingley 5 - worrying YouTube vlog re safety

gbclive

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

All the comments seam to be supportive of them, so they have obviously removed any negative comments. I have also noticed on their Instagram they have not posted any photos since they put the video on Youtube. The last was Bingley 3 Rise Locks. They were putting on 3-4 a day, all very “look I’m entering a lock, look I’m leaving a lock, look I’m on a canal” Boooring. 

Look I'm on a riverDSC_1369.JPG.ad000578695a10183e257f54aa7219ca.JPG

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, PD1964 said:

No I’m on a canal34F6A479-631F-407D-AED8-D0CC8D93E99B.jpeg.80da3ab7328bb20b6344bdffe3b71345.jpeg

2 hours ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

Look I'm on a riverDSC_1369.JPG.ad000578695a10183e257f54aa7219ca.JPG

1 hour ago, PD1964 said:

No I’m on a canal34F6A479-631F-407D-AED8-D0CC8D93E99B.jpeg.80da3ab7328bb20b6344bdffe3b71345.jpeg

Sorry, you've both got it wrong, you take pictures of yourself talking for 35 minutes about being on a canal /river, and maybe add a few seconds of footage. 

• Greenie 2

2 hours ago, PD1964 said:

All the comments seam to be supportive of them, so they have obviously removed any negative comments. I have also noticed on their Instagram they have not posted any photos since they put the video on Youtube. The last was Bingley 3 Rise Locks. They were putting on 3-4 a day, all very “look I’m entering a lock, look I’m leaving a lock, look I’m on a canal” Boooring. 

So to make it more exciting, how about doing a ‘we entered the most dangerous lock and lived to tell the tale’.  Maybe the next could be climbing a very dangerous lock ladder and nearly falling off because it was dangerously wet.......followed by eating dangerously hot microwaved pie and boiling mushy peas......

• Greenie 2

33 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

So to make it more exciting, how about doing a ‘we entered the most dangerous lock and lived to tell the tale’.  Maybe the next could be climbing a very dangerous lock ladder and nearly falling off because it was dangerously wet.......followed by eating dangerously hot microwaved pie and boiling mushy peas......

The wolves on Rochdale summit ate Michael?

• Haha 1

On 29/09/2020 at 20:28, The Happy Nomad said:

More non drama. Clever use of a thumbnail picture to get attention coupled with a dramatic title.

Here is another one

Canalboat Cruise To Anderton Boat Lift Gets Frightening As We Take Narrowboat to River Weaver. E86 

5 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Here is another one

Canalboat Cruise To Anderton Boat Lift Gets Frightening As We Take Narrowboat to River Weaver. E86 

Can someone provide a quick synopsis as I really don’t want to add to the click bait by watching...did they fall to their deaths or something?? 

I've looked at the headlines of their past videos. In just under two years they have suffered:-

Pirates 

Canal Rage

237ft fall (down the Caen Hill Flight)

Dangerous weir and white water at a weir

Rapids

Swearing, angry, abusive narrowboater

Storm (x2) 

Flood

3 disasters. (paint disaster, museum being closed disaster and a weir disaster.)

Extreme misfortune to say the least!

1 hour ago, booke23 said:

Here's another one just posted.

Forum member @huami appears in that one. Well at least his boat does near the start, I presume its him on it.

Screenshot_20201016-194236_Chrome.jpg

Edited by The Happy Nomad

Love it, at least there's some humour being posted despite the wallies failing to film the fact that their boat not only didn't sink, but didn't flood either. I must admit the idea of posting absolute rubbish on youtube is attractive - if it makes money.

I have been in so many locks that spray water 15 feet I have lost count. My boat never sank, I kept the front doors closed, and if I noticed a good sized spray I would put a rolled up towel across the base of the doors.

Basically, what a load of boring crap. The initial bit of footage was watchable, but the rambling overlong complaining drone at the end made me want to cut my wrists with a blunt spoon. Are they really experienced? I can't help wondering what they are experienced at..........

It almost makes me glad I don't have a boat at the moment.

2 hours ago, booke23 said:

I've looked at the headlines of their past videos. In just under two years they have suffered:-

Pirates 

Canal Rage

237ft fall (down the Caen Hill Flight)

Dangerous weir and white water at a weir

Rapids

Swearing, angry, abusive narrowboater

Storm (x2) 

Flood

3 disasters. (paint disaster, museum being closed disaster and a weir disaster.)

Extreme misfortune to say the least!

Sounds like canal life might not be for them.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, manxmike said:

Love it, at least there's some humour being posted despite the wallies failing to film the fact that their boat not only didn't sink, but didn't flood either. I must admit the idea of posting absolute rubbish on youtube is attractive - if it makes money.

I have been in so many locks that spray water 15 feet I have lost count. My boat never sank, I kept the front doors closed, and if I noticed a good sized spray I would put a rolled up towel across the base of the doors.

Basically, what a load of boring crap. The initial bit of footage was watchable, but the rambling overlong complaining drone at the end made me want to cut my wrists with a blunt spoon. Are they really experienced? I can't help wondering what they are experienced at..........

It almost makes me glad I don't have a boat at the moment.

Not at all.