Hurleston offside

dor

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

How did you mistype t for n or was it a Freudian slip?

Silly as it sounds I have just reread it and still cant see it. Still I have just been on "hold" for 20 minutes try to talk to the Halifax fraud dep so they don't lock my account tomorrow

18 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Silly as it sounds I have just reread it and still cant see it. Still I have just been on "hold" for 20 minutes try to talk to the Halifax fraud dep so they don't lock my account tomorrow

I can sympathise with that. I think we see what we expect to see.  your typo was saying that the ram had a stiff when I think you meant to say sniff . Hope you get your account sorted out. 

haggis

53 minutes ago, haggis said:

I can sympathise with that. I think we see what we expect to see.  your typo was saying that the ram had a stiff when I think you meant to say sniff . Hope you get your account sorted out. 

haggis

Thanks, I read it 4 or 5 times and never saw it. I think I will just leave it

14 hours ago, John Wareing said:

I stand corrected on ownership. I guess CRT own the reservoir as a result of it being the water from the Llangollen, although it will then go to UU for treatment across the road.

Not sure. When I came down earlier this year, the pounds were empty and the lockie told me that if the reservoir is below a certain level, it gets priority for the water over the canal overnight and they can't run water down into the pounds until it's refilled.

When I first moved to the Nantwich area (over thirty years ago) I joked when I saw the treatment plant next to the canal, “hope they are not using water out of the canal ha ha”.

Little did I know...

51 minutes ago, dor said:

When I first moved to the Nantwich area (over thirty years ago) I joked when I saw the treatment plant next to the canal, “hope they are not using water out of the canal ha ha”.

Little did I know...

The cattle drink it without any problems. I know that the canal water is drinkable if you get the silt filtered out, its high in manganese though. There is a lot or artesian water in Cheshire.