Help - survey returned

CanalNewbie20

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

Yes it should have a HIN somewhere (or rather, two somewheres) but the hypothetical self-builder could have thrown the Annexe 3 in the bin because he never intended to spend the money on RCD paperwork. It’s more than 5 years ago so perfectly legal to sell. Of course since 2017 hull builders don’t supply an Annexe 3 for a sailaway anyway. 

Indeed - there is now no Annexe III, even an empty shell must be provided with full RCD documentation as if it was a completed boat.

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Indeed - there is now no Annexe III, even an empty shell must be provided with full RCD documentation as if it was a completed boat.

The arguments in favour of that change are, in fairness, pretty solid. 

• Greenie 1

7 hours ago, blackrose said:

Have you thought about masking off the motor, etc, and sprayfoaming the BT tunnel (and also walls/top of the compartment if required)? 

That's what I did on mine 15 years ago and I had no more condensation issues.

Why on earth would a purchaser do these things especially when he is not an experienced boater, I would walk a way, citing these valid reasons, broker will then tell you he will sort it, and he misunderstood, etc etc, get him to do the jobs, then tell him your surveyor will come and survey in ten days, expect to see the cat fur fly and the pigeon feathers.

You are seen as a soft target, keep your cool, tell them you are viewing other boats. TOUGHEN UP!Do you really think they have a queue of punters wanting these mooring. I don't. 

Edited by LadyG

4 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

But I thought this was a 2013 boat? Why are we talking about post-2017 regs?

3 hours ago, LadyG said:

Why on earth would a purchaser do these things especially when he is not an experienced boater, 

What on earth are you talking about? You need to read the thread properly before responding.

3 hours ago, blackrose said:

But I thought this was a 2013 boat? Why are we talking about post-2017 regs?

Thread drift. In exactly the same manner as how you ended up talking to Cuthound about spray foam, which confused the above poster. 

Edited by WotEver
  • Happy 1