Recommendations for a hull surveyor

beerbeerbeerbeerbeer

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, David Mack said:

Although I'm a local I can't give you a surveyor recommendation. But I suggest you talk to Nigel Stevens at Shire Cruisers and ask who he suggests.

Good idea, I’ll ring him up

thanks ?

Thought I’d try Brontë Boats too when they get back to me about my booking at the dry dock. 

The name Paul Cooke is amongst the list on ‘Canal Junction’ as a start I emailed him earlier and I’m waiting for his reply. 

6 hours ago, Goliath said:

Good idea, I’ll ring him up

thanks ?

Thought I’d try Brontë Boats too when they get back to me about my booking at the dry dock. 

The name Paul Cooke is amongst the list on ‘Canal Junction’ as a start I emailed him earlier and I’m waiting for his reply. 

Why do you need a survey? is it an insurance thing?

We are not that far from Northwich and Mike Carter appears to be the main man where older boats are concerned. We tried to get a survey from him a couple of years ago but failed as he was just too busy, so book him well in advance.

.............Dave

10 minutes ago, dmr said:

We are not that far from Northwich and Mike Carter appears to be the main man where older boats are concerned. We tried to get a survey from him a couple of years ago but failed as he was just too busy, so book him well in advance.

.............Dave

Yes it’s an insurance thing. 

I spent last winter in Cheshire, I’m in no rush to return. 
I’m spending winter on the Rochdale 

On 22/09/2020 at 15:10, David Mack said:

Although I'm a local I can't give you a surveyor recommendation. But I suggest you talk to Nigel Stevens at Shire Cruisers and ask who he suggests.

Nigel has suggested 2 surveyors, one of which is Mike Carter from Northwich. 
I’ve been in touch with Mike and it looks like he may be available. 
?

19 hours ago, dmr said:

.............Dave

I miss understood: I thought you were suggesting I go to Northwich to have it done. Doh ? 
I’ve been in touch with him and he does surveys up here. 

I briefly met Mike at the Ellesmere Port Easter do, he was going to do our Manchester Ship Canal certificate and for quite a good price, but unfortunately was working away just when we needed him. I hear his name mentioned again and again where older boats are concerned.

...............Dave