Why is Vodafone's web facing system such a ** mess

OldGoat

Featured Posts

I've jus spent two days worth of web processing  trying to sort out my various dongles "very frustrating indeed"

Many folks on here woud agree, but for occasional boaters (like myself) find it's PAYG-occasionally very good value, thus I'm disinclined to leave.

(all the other providers want a monthly commitment - but when I'm on the Bota  I choose and  and not when Voda / three / EE (etc) think I ought to be spending my money on connectivity.

Ther others want a monthly contract so they can Foxtrot Oscar)

Voda say here are the packages and rates  (thank you) but trying to go through their 'security' is a nightmare -

code to a landline doesn't work  it sends "minutes"  instead of a number (which it did previously), thus you can't log on

I'm not going to a shop 'cos (apart from catching the Pox) they can't acheve much, and anyway why the expletive shoulf I travel n miles into the heaving den of East Sussex to confront a spotty herbert whose only purpose is to sell me a phone - which I don't wany 'cos my signal at home is a cesspit full of 'whatver'

If this was America (we have cousins over there ) they'd be out of business 'Instanta'  - but because it's the UK we put up with carp management.

Sheesh

FWIW their customer facing / front of house stuff is based on antiquated design around 'Oracle' (strange they're next door  to each another in R*****g) and it shows...

It's rumoured that a senior VF exec has a boat near me - perhaps I should wee on his gelcoat. Might relieve my bowel but not my problem....

Somebody here recently said that Vodafone have decided it costs more to provide good customer service, than they lose with bad customer service, so they are happy with a business model that includes bad customer service.

It's a popular model that a number of companies use.

3 hours ago, OldGoat said:

perhaps I should wee on his gelcoat. Might relieve my bowel but not my problem....

If wee comes out of your bowel, you have more to worry about than Vodafones customer service......

• Greenie 1

9 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

Somebody here recently said that Vodafone have decided it costs more to provide good customer service, than they lose with bad customer service, so they are happy with a business model that includes bad customer service.

If wee comes out of your bowel, you have more to worry about than Vodafones customer service......

I was never any good at biology at school....

• Haha 1

On 21/09/2020 at 23:29, Richard10002 said:

Have come across that before in the finance sector. Move the operation "offshore" knowing that service standards will suffer but also knowing that settling any claims will be more than offset by the cheaper labour.

This topic is a very good illustration as to why the multiplicity of "comparison" web sites to use a common method to collate and score the customer service provided by the companies they put forward. Also such scores should be published as part of the company accounts and open for all to see.