Mobile phone dongle.

Tractor

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

That’s if you move straight from one provider to another. The use of the PAC ports the number.  If you simply close your account with company X then you’ve closed the account. They can’t keep taking your DD simply because you’ve not used the PAC

I think what you are saying is that if you close the account, you lose the number, which is to be expected, the OP had the same difficulty that I had in that I couldn't close the account. I could have requested a PAC and transferred to another phone company which would have closed it but every other way of trying to close the account hit a wall. Go online and got told to phone up, phoned up and was told to go to a shop, went to a shop and was told to phone up. Eventually parked myself in the Rugby Three shop until they sorted it.

4 minutes ago, WotEver said:

So when you hit “Leave Three” you got a message stating you had to phone them? That’s one for the ombudsman. 

No, when I hit 'Leave Three' I got a PAC (which I didn't obviously use). I don't know what is it like now, but when I was trying to close it back in June there was no means of just closing the account, each possible method just referred you to another method. The online method I tried was the webchat, who claimed that he couldn't close accounts and I'd have to go into a shop to do so (even though they cannot close accounts either).

Edited by Wanderer Vagabond

Thanks for all the replies and help here. My mistake was to get into conversation, which was to complain about an overcharge for data. The data should have had a 'cap', and 3 agreed that it was their fault that this was not applied, subsequently my bill this month was five times my normal monthly charge; to this 3 affirmed that they would not reimburse me?

The emotional pressure was rising at this stage, and further conversation with 'customer services', quickly became ridiculous.

I have now found the link to terminate this account, and apparently after 2 days this will be done??

Great relief if this works, and once again thanks for all the suggestions and advice regarding this murky world of mobile phone operations.

Thank you, Canal World.

• Greenie 2

4 hours ago, Tractor said:

Thanks for all the replies and help here. My mistake was to get into conversation, which was to complain about an overcharge for data. The data should have had a 'cap', and 3 agreed that it was their fault that this was not applied, subsequently my bill this month was five times my normal monthly charge; to this 3 affirmed that they would not reimburse me?

The emotional pressure was rising at this stage, and further conversation with 'customer services', quickly became ridiculous.

I have now found the link to terminate this account, and apparently after 2 days this will be done??

Great relief if this works, and once again thanks for all the suggestions and advice regarding this murky world of mobile phone operations.

Thank you, Canal World.

Mobile fone companies in general are the most complained about service in the UK. 

....after the Civil Service that is...

16 hours ago, LadyG said:

My beef with THREE recently is that I get continuous signal from 5 pm to 11.00am approx, but Saturday from 9.00 to 6.00pm approx and afternoons, I have endless problems, I know I am in a poor reception area, but I think it is mostly lack of capacity.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54239180

16 hours ago, LadyG said:

My beef with THREE recently is that I get continuous signal from 5 pm to 11.00am approx, but Saturday from 9.00 to 6.00pm approx and afternoons, I have endless problems, I know I am in a poor reception area, but I think it is mostly lack of capacity.

It probably is lack of local capacity.  As demand on a base station reaches capacity it will drop the weaker (usually more distant) connections to provide service to stronger/closer connections.  That can turn a poor reception area to a no reception area at times of high demand.

1 hour ago, alias said:

It probably is lack of local capacity.  As demand on a base station reaches capacity it will drop the weaker (usually more distant) connections to provide service to stronger/closer connections.  That can turn a poor reception area to a no reception area at times of high demand.

You can always fix it yourself ;)

Fed up villagers in Michaelston-y-Fedw install ultrafast broadband https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-44631791