Trouble on River Avon

Hypnorm

Featured Posts

The problem with the public "flogging" et al is that many would see it as a "badge of honour" like ASBOs

No, either 20 years for any misdemeanour or, preferably, just shoot them (that could be public).

Chris

No flogging, just covered in slime, probably mostly thrown by their "friends" no "badge of honour " there. ASBOs make you look hard in their eyes, slime just makes you look stupid.

Ken

Having a dog works wonders in these circumstances -

We moored up in Lincoln, next to the waterside centre, to get the kids their school stuff before the new term started. Smudge (being the obligatory male! :lol: ) didn't want to shop so went for a lie down instead. He woke up to hear some kids outside saying 'I'm jumping over there and having that bike'(that was on the roof), all he said, very quietly to the dog, was 'who's here?'. This is Kenny's signal to bark wildly, which he did, and the kids scattered! There was a lot of other people about and Smudge said all he could hear was laughter :cheers:

Kenny the Wonder Dog to the rescue!

nqr14.jpg

Kenny and his teddy! (my big hard dog!) :lol:

Sounds like someone who knew what they where doing to me, not a couple of kids

Sounds like someone who knew what they where doing to me, not a couple of kids

It does seem a bit strange;

"That geezer was horrible to us, let's loosen his skin fittings and disable his bilge pumps"

I'd have thought bricks, fire or cut mooring lines more likely.

It does seem a bit strange;

"That geezer was horrible to us, let's loosen his skin fittings and disable his bilge pumps"

I'd have thought bricks, fire or cut mooring lines more likely.

Skin fittings werent loosened... the pipe was ripped off complete with jubilee clips still attached.

The mooring lines were half cut through. Can't explain the battery.

Insurance are getting quotes to see how much it will cost for refitting all internals and getting engine working again.

Perhaps they were mentally ill....... :lol:

Unusual for your posts to be in such poor taste Neil.

I have never claimed anyone in this, or other thread is mentally ill. I merely responded to somebody else's ignorant, prejudiced comment about mental health in general.

Don't lose you sense of humour lads. I laughed when I read Neil's post, obviously with regard to another thread.

Mental health is no laughing matter. My mother became mentally ill (some say I am) when I was 14 so I saw it at first hand so to speak. I suffer depression on occasion, brought on mainly by other peoples attitude in this world.

Anyway I've had a laugh from my friend Sonia the other day (she'd kill me if she knew I'd posted this LOL) We had a beer or two on Wednesday and she then had a vodka (she has drunk a bottle a day in the past). Well I knew it worked as I saw a silly grin come on her face, however I had to come home. When I phoned the next day (I was going to Boston remember) she said she can't remember it but had coughed, producing projectile vomit while sitting watching tv. It had gone all over the room floor (not carpeted) then a pause, and the kids.

Mental images are a marvellous thing..........I'm still giggling as I write.

Alcholism is not something to take lightly, however it doesn't hurt to laugh about it sometime.

We are all victims, just that some are more than others.

I have never claimed anyone in this, or other thread is mentally ill.

As Malc spotted, it was a joke! :lol:

Much of todays humour is in poor taste, knocking religion, lesbians & gays, foreigners, the Irish, fat people, mothers in law etc. Even the mentally ill. Its why the likes of Chubby Brown, Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson, Bernard Manning are/were so popular, performing to sell out audiences wherever they went.

The comment was in no way aimed at you personally Carlt, or anyone else here come to that. The thought had come to me some days previously with the parallel threads. I was just saving it for the right moment and your tag line was it.

It had struck me that a fellow boater who had allegedly gone off the rails, stolen a boat and had criminally damaged it and deprived its owners of its enjoyment was being excused by some around here because of what life had thrown at him, yet at the same time, the youths who had criminally damaged the cruiser and deprived its owners of same were the scum of the earth because of what life had thrown at them......

Basically a class issue.

Don't lose you sense of humour lads. I laughed when I read Neil's post, obviously with regard to another thread.

Mental health is no laughing matter.

I know, having suffered on and off since the death of my baby son 20 years ago, a Cot Death. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got things sorted this weekend.

Insurance have given us a pay out and also the boat as well as they 'Didn't want the hassle of getting rid of it'!!

Someone phoned up about the boat over the weekend as it was still listed in one of the boat books, the situation was explained that it would now be a project boat.

The chap came to see it and made an offer which we have accepted so we have sold her and the chap is taking her on as a restoration project, she is going up to Stratford so the best thing is we still get to see her floating around - once she is completed.

• 1 month later...

As a newbie I have read some of the recent postings and I quickly realize that mooring a boat unattended on a linear mooring is asking for trouble I have seen postings of sinking’s fire burn outs and theft, but surely these can’t be the same moorings that BW advertise on their auction sites? Or is this some sort of subterfuge by BW to raise more cash???

As a newbie I have read some of the recent postings and I quickly realize that mooring a boat unattended on a linear mooring is asking for trouble I have seen postings of sinking's fire burn outs and theft, but surely these can't be the same moorings that BW advertise on their auction sites? Or is this some sort of subterfuge by BW to raise more cash???

No, these things happen. Lots of people have cars stolen but they still park on the streets, don't they.

There'll always be people out there who want to destroy other people's things.

As a newbie I have read some of the recent postings and I quickly realize that mooring a boat unattended on a linear mooring is asking for trouble I have seen postings of sinking’s fire burn outs and theft, but surely these can’t be the same moorings that BW advertise on their auction sites? Or is this some sort of subterfuge by BW to raise more cash???

The moorings are private and nothing to do with BW.

I am not getting in to an arguement again about leaving boats unattended, every one does it, you can't be with the boat 24/7.

Can't remove the ad from apollo duck as we cant find the advert number but will look in to it.

The boat has now been sold, and insurance settled.