Choice of real wooden flooring.

W+T

Featured Posts

Personally I wouldn't choose real wood as it's too cold. I'd be looking at a good quality wood effect LVT floor such as Karndean, Amtico, etc. 

I've been looking at a product called Regupol 4515 Multi rubber/cork composite underlay which Karndean recommend. It's only 3mm thick and designed for sound insulation but I've ordered a sample as I'm hoping it will offer a degree of thermal insulation.

13 hours ago, W+T said:

Hi all. 

So what suggestions are there from folk that have had a wooden floor fitted to there steel boats. 

Which did you use ? 

:)

I used bamboo from wickes as it is suitable for bathrooms and conservatories.  Put down 10 years ago, not warped or distorted at all, though it is softer than oak and will scratch with gritty boots etc.  Easy to keep clean, but cold if walking in bare feet.  For that reason a small rug in the saloon is good.  I would do the same again.

27 minutes ago, W+T said:

So thank you for replies.

Now are there any you would not use due to warping or any other reason etc etc 

Any laminated with a chipboard or MDF base, won't last in a boat.

Softwood would be a waste of time, too easy to damage and stain. I am not a lover of the plastic fake stuff either, seen too many curl up.  Can you still get old fashioned lino? No hope with soft cushion floor except in a shower room maybe.

1 hour ago, koukouvagia said:

I used second hand T&G pine boards. (they came out of the Tate!)  They were thick and well seasoned.  They never moved, warped etc.

60284872_liningoutowl.jpg.390f099163438bdb6d6fcfe2e6d5e818.jpg

You stuck those rivets on the wrong side of the hull...

• Happy 1