Pete of Ebor

Featured Posts

Closest waterway: Selby Canal

Starts at: Tankards Bridge

Ends at: Tankards Bridge

Upstream winding hole: Above Lock

Downstream winding hole: Selby Basin

Description

The bridge has been struct by a vehicle and pushed the upstream parapet wall over. Leaving the structure in an unsafe condition. No boats will be allowed to pass under the bridge until the structure is made safe.

21 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

By 'Above Lock' I presume they mean 'on the river'?     But Haddlesey basin is a good place to get stuck - a beautiful sheltered little spot and one of my favourite moorings, although there is only one pub now.  And buses to Selby within a 10 minute walk.

I agree, a lovely spot. Spent two nights there, on the outward trip to Selby and coming back. Very pleasant.

The winding holes in the notice make no sense at all if the navigation is closed by a parapet in the water, but that is usual for CaRT navigation notices. Obviously automatically generated and the rules it uses to search for winding holes are a bit borked.

The bridge is on a long straight road, where it narrows from two lanes to one over the bridge, hence the frequent strikes to the parapets. Nice looking bridge, with deep weathering to the sandstone blocks.

Jen

This pic from 2015.

DSCN0766.JPG.86e8ee202df5894d6f8d16b9bf9f31ac.JPG

2 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

I agree, a lovely spot. Spent two nights there, on the outward trip to Selby and coming back. Very pleasant.

The winding holes in the notice make no sense at all if the navigation is closed by a parapet in the water, but that is usual for CaRT navigation notices. Obviously automatically generated and the rules it uses to search for winding holes are a bit borked.

The bridge is on a long straight road, where it narrows from two lanes to one over the bridge, hence the frequent strikes to the parapets. Nice looking bridge, with deep weathering to the sandstone blocks.

Jen

This pic from 2015.

DSCN0766.JPG.86e8ee202df5894d6f8d16b9bf9f31ac.JPG

Off topic: what are those black bulgy (technical terminology) things in front of the solar panels?