Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
waterdog

Winter Moorings

Featured Posts

We are cc liveaboards currently on the K&A and looking at the possibility of taking a winter mooring as opposed to a marina near Devizes, 

basically we are looking for anyone's experience or thoughts on the pros and cons of this. 

 

Also has anyone managed to complete the process online? I had a little play with it on the c&rt website but can't seem to find a way past the locations map to get to an actual booking page.

 

There is also the option of continuing to cc of course

 

Opinions on the above please.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, waterdog said:

Also has anyone managed to complete the process online? I had a little play with it on the c&rt website but can't seem to find a way past the locations map to get to an actual booking page.

 

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/moorings/winter-moorings

 

Winter moorings for 2020/21 will be available for up to four months between Sunday 1 November 2020 until Sunday 28 February 2021. Permits will go on sale at 6am on Thursday 1 October on a first-come, first-served basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

 

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/moorings/winter-moorings

 

Winter moorings for 2020/21 will be available for up to four months between Sunday 1 November 2020 until Sunday 28 February 2021. Permits will go on sale at 6am on Thursday 1 October on a first-come, first-served basis.

yup, been there entered the search terms, i.e. devizes & 10 mile radius, it brings up a map showing moorings at devizes wharf and foxhangers but can't seem to progress past that to an actual booking page ? (it might just be me being stoopid )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, waterdog said:

yup, been there entered the search terms, i.e. devizes & 10 mile radius, it brings up a map showing moorings at devizes wharf and foxhangers but can't seem to progress past that to an actual booking page ? (it might just be me being stoopid )

 

You're a fortnight early!  Read the bolded bit again:

 

8 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Permits will go on sale at 6am on Thursday 1 October

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheBiscuits said:

 

You're a fortnight early!  Read the bolded bit again:

 

 

Doh !!!!

 

Told you It might be me being stoopid :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/09/2020 at 14:53, waterdog said:

We are cc liveaboards currently on the K&A and looking at the possibility of taking a winter mooring as opposed to a marina near Devizes, 

basically we are looking for anyone's experience or thoughts on the pros and cons of this. 

 

Also has anyone managed to complete the process online? I had a little play with it on the c&rt website but can't seem to find a way past the locations map to get to an actual booking page.

 

There is also the option of continuing to cc of course

 

Opinions on the above please.......

We took the winter moorings at Devizes Wharf 2018/19, found it was very good and easy for the shops. If you need fuel,coal or any thing else from chandlers Victoria & Spencer from The Boatyard will deliver by truck as they can't get the fuel boat Aquilon up that way due to stoppages.

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.