Winter Moorings

waterdog

Featured Posts

We are cc liveaboards currently on the K&A and looking at the possibility of taking a winter mooring as opposed to a marina near Devizes, 

basically we are looking for anyone's experience or thoughts on the pros and cons of this. 

Also has anyone managed to complete the process online? I had a little play with it on the c&rt website but can't seem to find a way past the locations map to get to an actual booking page.

There is also the option of continuing to cc of course

Opinions on the above please.......

7 minutes ago, waterdog said:

Also has anyone managed to complete the process online? I had a little play with it on the c&rt website but can't seem to find a way past the locations map to get to an actual booking page.

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/moorings/winter-moorings

Winter moorings for 2020/21 will be available for up to four months between Sunday 1 November 2020 until Sunday 28 February 2021. Permits will go on sale at 6am on Thursday 1 October on a first-come, first-served basis.

3 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/moorings/winter-moorings

Winter moorings for 2020/21 will be available for up to four months between Sunday 1 November 2020 until Sunday 28 February 2021. Permits will go on sale at 6am on Thursday 1 October on a first-come, first-served basis.

yup, been there entered the search terms, i.e. devizes & 10 mile radius, it brings up a map showing moorings at devizes wharf and foxhangers but can't seem to progress past that to an actual booking page ? (it might just be me being stoopid )

1 minute ago, waterdog said:

yup, been there entered the search terms, i.e. devizes & 10 mile radius, it brings up a map showing moorings at devizes wharf and foxhangers but can't seem to progress past that to an actual booking page ? (it might just be me being stoopid )

You're a fortnight early!  Read the bolded bit again:

8 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Permits will go on sale at 6am on Thursday 1 October

On 16/09/2020 at 14:53, waterdog said:

We are cc liveaboards currently on the K&A and looking at the possibility of taking a winter mooring as opposed to a marina near Devizes, 

basically we are looking for anyone's experience or thoughts on the pros and cons of this. 

There is also the option of continuing to cc of course

Opinions on the above please.......

We took the winter moorings at Devizes Wharf 2018/19, found it was very good and easy for the shops. If you need fuel,coal or any thing else from chandlers Victoria & Spencer from The Boatyard will deliver by truck as they can't get the fuel boat Aquilon up that way due to stoppages.

• Greenie 1