Bargain?

MrsM

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, MrsM said:

Just seen this on eBay. Haven't looked closely (2017!!) but could be a bargain to be had!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233713500751

Tidy little boat.

Best suited to weekend and shortbreak use.

I quite like it.

17 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Lack of fixed double bed is the only obvious drawback...

Lots of couples prefer singles. But it would not be beyond the wit of man to convert the singles into a nice cross bed.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

Is that black object a horn, to the bottom right of the control panel on the outside port rear bulkhead ? 

Got to be honest - I wouldn't buy it. Looks like it's been painted with a yard brush. 

Edited by Higgs

1 minute ago, Athy said:

So, not perfect, but still quite a lot of neat, clean, newish boat for the money.

I see it was built by ABC Boats; I assume this was not the similarly-named hire company. Did/ do they use their own shells?

https://www.abcboats.co.uk/

they do like flat sides, perhaps more at home with widebeams?

5 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

https://www.abcboats.co.uk/

they do like flat sides, perhaps more at home with widebeams?

Thank you for that link. So the boats are all their own work, and they aren't afraid to innovate - from the photos, it sometimes works (I do like the curved cabin front on one of the n/b's, though I'm not sure if it has any practical value.

I see that they also make log-burning stoves. Perhaps they knock a few out whenever boat orders are slack.

It's just an eBay ad. Thought I would share it here in case anyone was looking for a boat like this. I know people are really struggling to find boats at the moment and thought this looked good for the money. We saw absolutely knackered old pigs of boats at around that price when we were looking in the spring.

Edited by MrsM
  • Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

Thank you for that link. So the boats are all their own work, and they aren't afraid to innovate - from the photos, it sometimes works (I do like the curved cabin front on one of the n/b's, though I'm not sure if it has any practical value.

I see that they also make log-burning stoves. Perhaps they knock a few out whenever boat orders are slack.

Do you mean this one?

They should call it the Tomahawk, as it looks great for scalping :D 

Tomahawk.jpg

• Haha 1

We shared a lock with owners of an ABC built boat a few months ago. Till then I had thought they were just a hire company. The owners were pretty chuffed with it and it had some quite nice touches such as curved cabin with cnc design cut into leading edges. 

3 minutes ago, MrsM said:

It's just an eBay ad. Thought I would share it here in case anyone was looking for a boat like this. I know people are really struggling to find boats at the moment and thought this looked good for the money. We saw absolutely knackered old pigs of boats at around that price when we were looking in the spring.

Don't think anybody is having a pop at you, hope you're not taking it that way :(

for that sort of money you could get a much better quality boat albeit somewhat older, better to wait for something that's nice than panic buy a floating horror

2 minutes ago, MrsM said:

Not trying to criticise your intentions. ?

2 minutes ago, MrsM said:

We shared a lock with owners of an ABC built boat a few months ago. Till then I had thought they were just a hire company. The owners were pretty chuffed with it and it had some quite nice touches such as curved cabin with cnc design cut into leading edges. 

ABC Boats & ABC Boat Hire are two entirely different companies

11 minutes ago, Higgs said:

Certainly, in parts, it has been very roughly painted. It doesn't look altogether right for a 3 year old boat. 

From the photos, the paint looks clean and smart, and it's been signwritten (or vinyl-applied?) Perhaps it was supplied in primer and the owner painted it afterwards.

It doesn't appear to have central heating.

But, a sentence including "get" and "pay for" springs to mind. As MrsM says, you could do a lot worse for the money.

From the photos, the paint looks clean and smart, and it's been signwritten (or vinyl-applied?) Perhaps it was supplied in primer and the owner painted it afterwards.

It doesn't appear to have central heating.

But, a sentence including "get" and "pay for" springs to mind. As MrsM says, you could do a lot worse for the money.

The painting around the control panel does not show too much care in the painting. I would be wary of buying that boat, even at the price being asked. 

Edited by Higgs