Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
MrsM

Bargain?

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, MrsM said:

Just seen this on eBay. Haven't looked closely (2017!!) but could be a bargain to be had!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233713500751

Tidy little boat.

 

Best suited to weekend and shortbreak use.

 

I quite like it.

17 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Lack of fixed double bed is the only obvious drawback...

Lots of couples prefer singles. But it would not be beyond the wit of man to convert the singles into a nice cross bed.

 

 

Edited by The Happy Nomad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as you don't mind not having cuddles in bed, or a reverse layout, I think this is a great buy. Only 3 years old so could be a nice first boat for someone. 

Edited by MrsM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not a fan of zero tumblehome boats, also, what a bizarre place for the electric panel 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Is that black object a horn, to the bottom right of the control panel on the outside port rear bulkhead ? 

 

Got to be honest - I wouldn't buy it. Looks like it's been painted with a yard brush. 

 

 

 

Edited by Higgs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Higgs said:

Is that black object a horn, to the bottom right of the control panel on the outside port rear bulkhead ? 

Looks like it. That’s one way of keeping the cable run short. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Looks like it. That’s one way of keeping the cable run short. 

 

The boat seems to be someone's idea of a rework project using the least amount of money. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, not perfect, but still quite a lot of neat, clean, newish boat for the money.

I see it was built by ABC Boats; I assume this was not the similarly-named hire company. Did/ do they use their own shells?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Athy said:

So, not perfect, but still quite a lot of neat, clean, newish boat for the money.

I see it was built by ABC Boats; I assume this was not the similarly-named hire company. Did/ do they use their own shells?

https://www.abcboats.co.uk/

 

they do like flat sides, perhaps more at home with widebeams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Certainly, in parts, it has been very roughly painted. It doesn't look altogether right for a 3 year old boat. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

https://www.abcboats.co.uk/

 

they do like flat sides, perhaps more at home with widebeams?

Thank you for that link. So the boats are all their own work, and they aren't afraid to innovate - from the photos, it sometimes works (I do like the curved cabin front on one of the n/b's, though I'm not sure if it has any practical value.

I see that they also make log-burning stoves. Perhaps they knock a few out whenever boat orders are slack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just an eBay ad. Thought I would share it here in case anyone was looking for a boat like this. I know people are really struggling to find boats at the moment and thought this looked good for the money. We saw absolutely knackered old pigs of boats at around that price when we were looking in the spring.

Edited by MrsM
  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Athy said:

Thank you for that link. So the boats are all their own work, and they aren't afraid to innovate - from the photos, it sometimes works (I do like the curved cabin front on one of the n/b's, though I'm not sure if it has any practical value.

I see that they also make log-burning stoves. Perhaps they knock a few out whenever boat orders are slack.

Do you mean this one?

 

They should call it the Tomahawk, as it looks great for scalping :D 

Tomahawk.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Athy said:

Thank you for that link. So the boats are all their own work, and they aren't afraid to innovate - from the photos, it sometimes works (I do like the curved cabin front on one of the n/b's, though I'm not sure if it has any practical value.

I see that they also make log-burning stoves. Perhaps they knock a few out whenever boat orders are slack.

We shared a lock with owners of an ABC built boat a few months ago. Till then I had thought they were just a hire company. The owners were pretty chuffed with it and it had some quite nice touches such as curved cabin with cnc design cut into leading edges. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MrsM said:

It's just an eBay ad. Thought I would share it here in case anyone was looking for a boat like this. I know people are really struggling to find boats at the moment and thought this looked good for the money. We saw absolutely knackered old pigs of boats at around that price when we were looking in the spring.

Don't think anybody is having a pop at you, hope you're not taking it that way :(

for that sort of money you could get a much better quality boat albeit somewhat older, better to wait for something that's nice than panic buy a floating horror

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrsM said:

It's just an eBay ad. Thought I would share it here in case anyone was looking for a boat like this. I know people are really struggling to find boats at the moment and thought this looked good for the money. We saw absolutely knackered old pigs of boats at around that price when we were looking in the spring.

 

Not trying to criticise your intentions. 😊

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrsM said:

We shared a lock with owners of an ABC built boat a few months ago. Till then I had thought they were just a hire company. The owners were pretty chuffed with it and it had some quite nice touches such as curved cabin with cnc design cut into leading edges. 

ABC Boats & ABC Boat Hire are two entirely different companies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Higgs said:

 

Certainly, in parts, it has been very roughly painted. It doesn't look altogether right for a 3 year old boat. 

 

 

From the photos, the paint looks clean and smart, and it's been signwritten (or vinyl-applied?) Perhaps it was supplied in primer and the owner painted it afterwards.

It doesn't appear to have central heating.

But, a sentence including "get" and "pay for" springs to mind. As MrsM says, you could do a lot worse for the money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Do you mean this one?

 

They should call it the Tomahawk, as it looks great for scalping :D 

Tomahawk.jpg

 

ABC look as though they have a good setup and can build boats. The one in the ad  could have been a sail-away. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

ABC Boats & ABC Boat Hire are two entirely different companies

Aaaah that explains it, thank you. Easy mistake to make. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Athy said:

From the photos, the paint looks clean and smart, and it's been signwritten (or vinyl-applied?) Perhaps it was supplied in primer and the owner painted it afterwards.

It doesn't appear to have central heating.

But, a sentence including "get" and "pay for" springs to mind. As MrsM says, you could do a lot worse for the money.

 

The painting around the control panel does not show too much care in the painting. I would be wary of buying that boat, even at the price being asked. 

 

 

Edited by Higgs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.