Electric wide boat

David Mack

Featured Posts

Our ponies were really good swimmers in fact if the water wasn't deep enough to float them they would be happy to walk. 

Quite strange riding through a river wondering at what point the animal is going to start floating. 

Edited by magnetman

2 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Our ponies were really good swimmers in fact if the water wasn't deep enough to float them they would be happy to walk. 

Quite strange riding through a river wondering at what point the animal is going to start floating. 

Done it on an elephant, that was weird.

26 minutes ago, magnetman said:

You'd need quite small elephants to get through the tunnel. Horses or ponies would be much easier to acquire what with the stable right beside the entrance.

You don't put the elephant in the tunnel, silly. The elephant stands at the entrance and blows water towards the stern to provide propulsion. Obviously it gets a little less efficient the further the boat goes into the tunnel. Believe or not, used to take almost as long as getting a wide electric boat though. 

Since we are moving slightly off topic: a small number of years ago on I think the Peak Forest Hyde Bank we passed the horse drawn boat. I asked how they made it through tunnels without a towpath and was told that they just got up to horse speed and let go so that it drifted through. It is surprising, under the right circumstances, just how far a boat can drift.

I am sure someone will come along and fill in  the details I either never knew or have omitted/forgotten!