East West Marine Narrow boat

Featured Posts

Hi there. I've been looking for the sliding window push latches for my Windows and can't find a direct replacement. Does anyone know where I can get one?

20181224_120619.jpg

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Barxy said:

Hilarious. 

No, I think Tracy was being serious. These boats were built in China - didn't you know? It is therefore reasonable to suggest that country as a source of spare parts. In any case, there was surely no cause for hilarity, was there? You asked for help, and then apparently pooh-poohed a member who offered it.

Edited by Athy

30 minutes ago, Athy said:

No, I think Tracy was being serious. These boats were built in China - didn't you know? It is therefore reasonable to suggest that country as a source of spare parts. In any case, there was surely no cause for hilarity, was there? You asked for help, and then apparently pooh-poohed a member who offered it.

It may have escaped your notice but China is a very big country occupied by lots of people.

Simply stating 'China' was frankly unhelpful and of no use to the original question.

By far the more useful answer was Matty40's who at least suggested a potential UK supplier of the parts needed.

By way of comparison I am looking for a particular handle for a UPVC window fitted to our bathroom. If I posted 'where can I get a handle like this' on a DIY forum and somebody said eBay with no supporting link, exactly how is that helping?

It isnt.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

7 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

It may have escaped your notice but China is a very big country occupied by lots of people.

Of course it hasn't. But as these boats are or were built there, it's reasonable to think that the factory will have stocks of spare parts for them. I've no doubt that an internet search will reveal its name and location.

Matty's suggestion could also be worth following up.

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

Of course it hasn't. But as these boats are or were built there, it's reasonable to think that the factory will have stocks of spare parts for them. I've no doubt that an internet search will reveal its name and location.

Matty's suggestion could also be worth following up.

They are no longer available or made over there.

10 hours ago, Barxy said:

Hi there. I've been looking for the sliding window push latches for my Windows and can't find a direct replacement. Does anyone know where I can get one?

20181224_120619.jpg

Try essentra components. I've bought stuff from them before. Oh and thanks for using a measure in understandable format ?

• Greenie 1

I expect the windows were put in after the shells reached Ireland where they were fitted out. 

They still have a website but of course the OP will have seen that .

http://eastwestmarine.co.uk/

I would expect them to be channelglaze windows or one of the other window makers. 

Edited by magnetman
  • Greenie 1

11 hours ago, magnetman said:

I expect the windows were put in after the shells reached Ireland where they were fitted out. 

They still have a website but of course the OP will have seen that .

http://eastwestmarine.co.uk/

I would expect them to be channelglaze windows or one of the other window makers. 

They weren't fitted out in Ireland, they were constructed and built in China.(with UK sourced engines,gearbox,cookers etc) The smaller ones (39 foot and 44 foot) were then put into containers and returned from China. Whilton sold almost all of them.

43 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Ok thanks for the correction. I did wonder. I was told they were fitted out in Ireland by an owner of one of the 44 footers. I guess they were told this by someone with incorrect information.

Their British import office was in Ballyclare in Norn Iron, but they weren't fitted there.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found a source for the window latches. Yes they are made in China. I knew that already btw. Most things are nowadays.

If anyone out there has a East West Marine boat and have issues with the window latches I now have spares. New and second hand. Your welcome to contact me and take one or more or even order them yourself, details will be given. Thanks for your help guy's.

• 4 months later...
On 29/09/2020 at 13:04, Barxy said:

I have found a source for the window latches. Yes they are made in China. I knew that already btw. Most things are nowadays.

If anyone out there has a East West Marine boat and have issues with the window latches I now have spares. New and second hand. Your welcome to contact me and take one or more or even order them yourself, details will be given. Thanks for your help guy's.

Hi, I also need a couple of these latches. Could you please inform me where I could get them ?. Many thanks

9 hours ago, Dazzacity said:

Hi, I also need a couple of these latches. Could you please inform me where I could get them ?. Many thanks

I've sent you a message I think. Not altogether sure though.lol

• 3 months later...