Vodafone (or more appropriately Voda-blurry-phone

OldGoat

Featured Posts

DO folks on here have prolems when trying to correct faults with the above mentioned disaster-of-customer-services company. If so what did you do.

Background

When Voda's sevices are working, good coverage for my mobile internet use, reasonable prices etc, etc.

HOWEVER when there's an account type problem, I spend hours (three today) on the 'phone (not mobile) trying to resolve a relatively minor issue.

It has been ever so - an occasional data cusomer for 10 years plus. When a problem arises the issue become a right-old-midden - and logically it shoudn't be so.

Is there anyone out there that been persistent in getting a solution and was happy?

(About 5 years ago I took them to the online ombudsman (what a **** waste of time)  and got a credit (NOT money) for the unusable time on several sims - but I can't use it when the system collapses into a data cesspit - as it does, often.

OK - raise two fingers vertically and go elsewhere? trouble is that the rest are Carp as well....

The amount of money that the Voda group must spend on staff covering online problems MUST be much more than saying "Customer - here's an hour of airtime free, now  Foxtrot Oscar

End of rant and I don'feel any better - all I want to do is to use t'internet when I go to the boat..

(Polite) comments invited.

They have the absolute worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. Not just phone companies - ANY company. I argued with them over a bill for over six months. Eventually they threatened court action (over £30!!) and I threatened the ombudsman. Finally they sent me a credit for the supposedly ‘outstanding’ amount. 

1 hour ago, OldGoat said:

DO folks on here have prolems when trying to correct faults with the above mentioned disaster-of-customer-services company. If so what did you do.

Background

When Voda's sevices are working, good coverage for my mobile internet use, reasonable prices etc, etc.

HOWEVER when there's an account type problem, I spend hours (three today) on the 'phone (not mobile) trying to resolve a relatively minor issue.

It has been ever so - an occasional data cusomer for 10 years plus. When a problem arises the issue become a right-old-midden - and logically it shoudn't be so.

Is there anyone out there that been persistent in getting a solution and was happy?

(About 5 years ago I took them to the online ombudsman (what a **** waste of time)  and got a credit (NOT money) for the unusable time on several sims - but I can't use it when the system collapses into a data cesspit - as it does, often.

OK - raise two fingers vertically and go elsewhere? trouble is that the rest are Carp as well....

The amount of money that the Voda group must spend on staff covering online problems MUST be much more than saying "Customer - here's an hour of airtime free, now  Foxtrot Oscar

End of rant and I don'feel any better - all I want to do is to use t'internet when I go to the boat..

(Polite) comments invited.

Good customer service has become a thing of the past since you know what that struck the country in January.

Eg I rang my bank (HSBC) a week or so ago and was greeted with the usuaul whiney voice telling me I was very important but due to the current situation calls would take longer to answer blah blah blah.

After the numerous usual press button x for this button y for that I was told to only continue with the call if I was, a vulnerable person,  a key worker or in serious financial difficulties. (Luckily I am none of these).

I was then told to check the web site for the answer I needed, which of course I had already done.

Sod this I thought Im still a customer and I pressed on and actually did get an answer from a very nice lady based somewhere in Asia.

Big companies are shamelessly using the current pandemic to provide even poorer service than some of them already did.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

I emailed the CEO of Currys on 23rd July. I received a holding email telling me they were very busy and asking me to be patient.

This morning, nearly 8 weeks later, I received a reply from the CEO Support Team, apologising for the delay and effectively telling me to "do one".

I am currently considering my response which will include advising said Support Team that i issued a Money Claim Online on Thursday evening.

Reminder to self: NEVER EVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM CURRYS AGAIN!!!

Could Vodafone possibly be worse than Currys?

Vodafone are the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Unhelpful, rude, downright deceitful (at least in my case, they argued there were no network changes in my area - I'd seen their engineers taking down the mast). And expensive to boot.

I know mobile phone companies have a bad reputation generally, but dealing with the others is a delight compared to Vodafone.

• Greenie 1

I've been with Vodafone for 25 years and initially their customer service was second to none, but it's been in steep decline since about 10 years ago. I had an account issue which never got solved yet all I asked for was to separate a second number onto it's own account apparently impossible. Since my contract expired and I'm now sim only I get are marketing calls, they ring me and ask to go through security. My usual answer is two words the second being 'off'. This is then followed by a manager call who doesn't ask for security but can't offer a better deal than sim only - doh!

On 14/09/2020 at 19:36, OldGoat said:

I'm with three. So is the wife. And the two adult kids. Purely because their customer service works.

We had phones with Vodafone and gave up. We went to O2 and gave up. We've been with three for around five or six years and never had a single cause for complaint. A sample of four people is small so don't base decisions purely on this.

On 14/09/2020 at 22:36, Richard10002 said:

I emailed the CEO of Currys on 23rd July. I received a holding email telling me they were very busy and asking me to be patient.

This morning, nearly 8 weeks later, I received a reply from the CEO Support Team, apologising for the delay and effectively telling me to "do one".

I am currently considering my response which will include advising said Support Team that i issued a Money Claim Online on Thursday evening.

Reminder to self: NEVER EVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM CURRYS AGAIN!!!

Could Vodafone possibly be worse than Currys?

We had a similar experience with Currys a few years ago, and stopped ever going there. We were ignored in a shop for about 10 minutes, with various members of staff walking right past us to help customers who had arrived after us. Went back to the boat, emailed the CEO to complain, and got an email in reply saying they were busy and could we please wait.....

8 minutes ago, Onionman said:

I'm with three. So is the wife. And the two adult kids. Purely because their customer service works.

Glad to hear that, because I've recently started a contract with them. 99,9% for the internet use only. I still keep a PAYG phone for texts and taking calls. It's a 20 year old routine, but it's hassle free. 

Had my first ever phone, an Ericsson EH237, with Vodafone back in the early 90's.

I was paying £5 extra a month for insurance, and when the aerial snapped i went to get it replaced. Showed the bloke in the Vodafone shop and he said it's a tenner for the part. Proudly I told him I had insurance. Then that's £25 he said, with a smug grin on his face, to pay the insurance excess. I paid a tenner and fixed it myself and a month later I kicked them to the kerb when the contract ended. I've never been back to Vodafone and I've always paid attention to insurance policies ever since.

Had a 3 Sim for the boat which was preloaded with 12gb and lasted 12 months, thought that would work out ok as we're only aboard for 8 weeks of the year.

Coverage was great for us, but i wanted to try a firestick on the boat and the Teen tends to spank the data allowance whilst we get on with cruising so needed something better.

Now have a 3 Sim with unlimited data, minutes & texts, with Personal Hotspot & Go Binge for £16 pcm

I'm not a power user either for calls or data (indifferent reception here  and we now have a fibre connection infifferently installed  by 'Outreach'); thus we're PAYG for mobile data and telephony.

Noe of the companies / suppliers are perfect.

Voda have a good network and for occasional / light use and for data only  PAYG1 is a steal £1 per day that you use it and you get 500M. A rolling 'contract' keep it topped up and it lasts. CURENTLY - it may even end today you can buy 15-30 GB packs that last a month and roll over to the next.

Voda's customer service is pants (I've been with them for 10 years +) overseas call centres who are polite and friendly if you chat them up, but which are long winded and recently - this week- don't actually achieve anything

Three are cheap for phone call but not good value for PAYG data

All the others are not interested in PAYG - only annual contracts.

I expect than no-one on here is interested in PAYG, thus I'll stop waffling now...

11 hours ago, Stilllearning said:

We had a similar experience with Currys a few years ago, and stopped ever going there. We were ignored in a shop for about 10 minutes, with various members of staff walking right past us to help customers who had arrived after us. Went back to the boat, emailed the CEO to complain, and got an email in reply saying they were busy and could we please wait.....

You were lucky you were ignored. At least you didn't buy anything.

8 hours ago, OldGoat said:

I expect than no-one on here is interested in PAYG, thus I'll stop waffling now...

I have a "spare" phone with a Three PAYG Sim. I use it to make calls where I dont want whoever I call to be able to call me back.... They can, (obviously), but if it rings I know it's someone I dont want to talk to, or someone telling me that I've had an accident.