Surveyor in Hertfordshire recomendations.

Microsoft

Featured Posts

Hey everyone, 

Another one of those, can you reccomend a surveyor in Hertfordshire posts? 

I'm looking to get a pre purchase survey. 

Specifically, I have spoken to two surveyors, Vladimir Chorbadzhiev and Colin Mallard South.

Both can survay the boat however Colin is available two weeks sooner which is appealing to me for a veriety of reasons namely that the boat needs blacking and if it passes the survey I am awair that I will stuggel to black the boat in late October.

However I had a good recommendation for Vladamir and he seemed very good when I spoke to him. Colin also seemed very good on the phone but he charges significantly less, over £200 less for a full survey which makes me uneasy. 

Does anyone have any experience with either of these professionals or could recomend more names for me to enquire with, ive spoken to a lot of people 80% of whome are over worked atm. 

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Edited by Microsoft

I've spoken with Tony and Vladimir today and both chaps are in very high demand.

You'll be looking at the third week of April for both should you wish to employ their services.

We have booked Vladimir and I've got to admit that he's a really nice chap to deal with.

The only thing I'll advise you do to is book them asap or else you'll be looking at November for their next available slot.

Tony: 07882 016 471

Vladimir: 07796 392 770.

All the best,

Andrew

Vlad is very thorough, sometimes to the point t of  being anal about insignificant things....great if you are buying, but sometimes it can scare people without boating knowledge unnecessarily.

He also suffers from the  common "bilge pump not working" syndrome that is afflicting lots of surveyors these days. ....."have you tried it with water?".."No"

• Greenie 1

On 12/09/2020 at 14:09, Microsoft said:

Hey everyone, 

Another one of those, can you reccomend a surveyor in Hertfordshire posts? 

I'm looking to get a pre purchase survey. 

Specifically, I have spoken to two surveyors, Vladimir Chorbadzhiev and Colin Mallard South.

Both can survay the boat however Colin is available two weeks sooner which is appealing to me for a veriety of reasons namely that the boat needs blacking and if it passes the survey I am awair that I will stuggel to black the boat in late October.

However I had a good recommendation for Vladamir and he seemed very good when I spoke to him. Colin also seemed very good on the phone but he charges significantly less, over £200 less for a full survey which makes me uneasy. 

Does anyone have any experience with either of these professionals or could recomend more names for me to enquire with, ive spoken to a lot of people 80% of whome are over worked atm. 

Thanks in advance for any help :)

If you want to black your boat in late in the year the indoor dock at Circus fields marina in Aylesbury is the ideal place. It is indoor, heated and if mechanically ventilated. Tony Tucker has done our last two surveys in there. Availability is shown on our web site:

http://aylesburycanal.org.uk/our-services/slipway-dry-dock/

Edited by Tim Lewis