Eberspacher voltage

robbio c

Featured Posts

Hi all I fired up my eberpacher hydronic yesterday for the first time and delighted all working well ,excellent little unit but my question is ,is it safe to run these units when engine is running regarding the voltage given that the alternator will be putting out 14+ voltage ?can they tolerate that voltage 

13 minutes ago, robbio c said:

Hi all I fired up my eberpacher hydronic yesterday for the first time and delighted all working well ,excellent little unit but my question is ,is it safe to run these units when engine is running regarding the voltage given that the alternator will be putting out 14+ voltage ?can they tolerate that voltage 

In the manual for mine it states 10v - 20v

Screenshot (345).png

7 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

In the manual for mine it states 10v - 20v

No it states 2 ranges : 10v to 14v for the 12v version or 20v to 28v for the 24v version.

It's laid out badly though.

23 minutes ago, robbio c said:

is it safe to run these units when engine is running regarding the voltage given that the alternator will be putting out 14+ voltage ?can they tolerate that voltage 

Yes, they are designed as vehicle heaters, so the normal voltage from your alternator is fine.  If your alternator is going much above 14.4v get it fixed!

Note Alan's manual also states the controller will shut off the heater if the voltage is too high for it, so if it's running it's happy.

• Greenie 1