Lockgate Stoves

Traveller

Featured Posts

Maybe ? But I have come across others who have the same problem. One installer told me he would not install the product as the company were difficult to communicate with. Move on to Bubble I guess. Failing that is is something like Planer or just stick with the basic multi fuel.

3 hours ago, adam1uk said:

Give Lockgate themselves a ring — you often have to leave a message, but they do call back.  

They dont deserve the time of day with the service they give now. They basically have a storage unit with a few bits in. They occasionally answer emails, even less return calls. Many times in the last few years we have tried to have contact re spares or new installations,  and now dont bother.

Edited by matty40s

5 hours ago, Traveller said:

Does anyone know if Lockgate are actually in business still? I quite fancy the idea of a Refleks stove to replace my multi-fuel but attempts to contact the supplier (Lockgate) fail completely.

Out of interest what is the percieved advantage of such a stove over a multi fuel?

Edited by The Happy Nomad
Original version potentially too confrontational

9 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Out of interest why do you want to replace a multi fuel stove with an inferior type?

Nothing inferior about a diesel stove. 

Most sea going trawlers, yachts and small ships will have them.

Stay in for a month without having to clean, no dust, tend to be very economic and once heated provide a lovely steady heat. You also already have a diesel supply on board so no need for sacks of coal on roof or clogging the cratch up.

Once our Morso Squirrel dies (installed 2001), we will be replacing with some oil fired unit.

• Greenie 2
  • Happy 1

3 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Nothing inferior about a diesel stove. 

Most sea going trawlers, yachts and small ships will have them.

Stay in for a month without having to clean, no dust, tend to be very economic and once heated provide a lovely steady heat. You also already have a diesel supply on board so no need for sacks of coal on roof or clogging the cratch up.

Once our Morso Squirrel dies (installed 2001), we will be replacing with some oil fired unit.

Horses for courses.

Personally I like the ambience a multi fuel provides to a room or boat lounge.

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

What has a personal preference of ambience got to do with Inferior?

One  of these is stylish, warm, and you can still see flames.

49D79D75-EBBA-41E6-A085-88F433382477.jpg

My opinion differs from yours Matty hey ho.....

But I dont think having something that looks like a 1960's water boiler in the corner adds to the appearance of a boat. Your boat your choice though. Enjoy.

5 minutes ago, Traveller said:

The decision to go one way or another is a personal one.

Absolutely.

5 minutes ago, Traveller said:

Would be helpful if we could stay on topic. 

Forgive me,  I understood the topic was diesel stoves?

I read that the issue of it being difficult to contact Lockgate is pretty well established?

Edited by The Happy Nomad

16 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Personally I like the ambience a multi fuel provides to a room or boat lounge.

We have a gas fired Stockton 5 in our lounge, you cannot tell the difference between it and a Stockton 5 multi running on Phurnicite or similar apart from the fact that its clean and is controlled by a remote ;)

• Greenie 1