Kidderminster shopping

RichLech

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, RichLech said:

Enjoying the Staffs & Worcester for the first time and need to stock up at Kidderminster in a couple of days time. Can anyone suggest the best place to stop for a supermarket close to the canal please?

Just above the town lock by the church there's a canalsude Sainsbury (towpath side).

We've never had a problem leaving the boat, last time when I returned to the boat a chap was sat near the stern, asked me if he could have a lift which I said no. He went off to Tesco and returned quite quickly with some bottles of beer, I'm not sure whether he nicked them or paid for them. He then wanted to share a beer with me.

1 minute ago, Rob-M said:

We've never had a problem leaving the boat, last time when I returned to the boat a chap was sat near the stern, asked me if he could have a lift which I said no. He went off to Tesco and returned quite quickly with some bottles of beer, I'm not sure whether he nicked them or paid for them. He then wanted to share a beer with me.

We built a boat for a customer who had a mooring at the bottom of their garden at the apartments just beyond Tesco on the offside....they were woken up one night to find the local yoof had cut the ropes and torched it.....

8 minutes ago, frangar said:

We built a boat for a customer who had a mooring at the bottom of their garden at the apartments just beyond Tesco on the offside....they were woken up one night to find the local yoof had cut the ropes and torched it.....

The good people of Kidderminster must be so proud! Are they aware of the awful reputation their town has amongst boaters, do we think?

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The good people of Kidderminster must be so proud! Are they aware of the awful reputation their town has amongst boaters, do we think?

The people I know that live around Worcestershire know that “Kiddie” isnt somewhere they would choose to visit!...

Moored at Sainsbury's a few years back for a day at the severn valley railway. I remember thinking how horrible the walk across town to the station was. Otherwise great day out. Just annoying that you can't get the trolley the last 5m to the towpath!

9 hours ago, Cas446 said:

Moored at Sainsbury's a few years back for a day at the severn valley railway. I remember thinking how horrible the walk across town to the station was. Otherwise great day out. Just annoying that you can't get the trolley the last 5m to the towpath!

There must be a way to get the trolley on the towpath as they seem to manage to get them in the cut.

Hidden trolley stop, obviously the wife just blindly pushed the trolley through at which point the wheels locked. I then had to drag the thing down the tow path to the boat. She then announced that the trolley didn't have a pound in it, it was a token from her key ring and that she wanted it back. I then had to drag it all the way back. I thought that passing over the trolley stop would restore wheel function - not the case. After trying to drag it across the car park I could take the shame no more, got another trolley, mated it, recovered token and walked off trying to regain some dignity.

I can quite understand why they end up in the canal if they they make it out of the car park!

Screenshot_20200911-082811_Maps.jpg