New bigger cooker with fan

matty40s

Featured Posts

So, this years original project was the galley, which hasnt really happened for some reason or other.!!

However, now its planning and purchasing time.

We are struggling to find a cooker, either built in, or standalone with hob, that will match our needs, they all seen to be discontinued.

Spec needed is an 60(50 too small) cm wide LPG oven with fan/lpg grill. If this is part of a standalone cooker, OK, but prefer separate.

Belling dont seem to have a fan any more, and the Stoves one is no longer available.

Anybody got any ideas??

We have one of these

https://shop.calor.co.uk/new-world-lpg-cooker.html

It has fans for both oven and grill but I think they are just for cooling

Only downside it needs 230v for the fans and ignition although you can run the grill without the fan but not the oven.

They do a 600 version as well.

ETA C thinks its good I haven't a clue, its a cooker

Edited by Loddon

3 minutes ago, Loddon said:

We have one of these

Only downside it needs 230v for the fans and ignition although you can run the grill without the fan but not the oven.

I think that one just uses the fan to cool the sides, rather than being a fan oven where the fan is used within the oven to circulate the air (actually heats the air that it blows into the oven).

16 minutes ago, Loddon said:

We have one of these

Same as mine, works well. If for any reason you can't use the mains, a small car inverter works fine. It only has a fan and ignition to power. 

25 minutes ago, dor said:

I think that one just uses the fan to cool the sides, rather than being a fan oven where the fan is used within the oven to circulate the air (actually heats the air that it blows into the oven).

Yes thats true.

I have only seen fan ovens that are electric.

The new one in the house is pyrolytic so cleans itself and gets very hot 300deg 

30 minutes ago, dor said:

a fan oven where the fan is used within the oven to circulate the air (actually heats the air that it blows into the oven).

I never knew that. I thought a fan oven merely stirred the air to ensure it was evenly distributed. Why does it pull in ambient air, isn’t that wasteful?

I too have only ever heard of 'fan ovens' with a stir-fan as they are called, which recirculates the air past the heater element.

I'm not aware of a gas over with an electric stir-fan. Maybe within catering but not domestic.

Gas ovens which use a little plastic cooling fan to keep the side walls cool enough (cheaper then insulation) are common as muck, almost unavailable, but I can't see why a buzzy noise for not material gain would be other than undesirable. 

Daniel

The particular fan on my oven is never on constantly. It is only on constantly when using the grill. After switching the over off, the fan will still intermittently switch on and off until it decides it's done its job; I'm never quite sure what that job is.