Smarty/Giffgaff data

GUMPY

Featured Posts

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I don't think Vodafone are quite going that far, are they?  Their point is, they could put more money and effort into their customer service, but it would have a negative effect in terms the bottom line... in the UK at least. Clearly they do better everywhere else, or we wouldn't be bottom of their list. I don't know whether that says more about them or the UK consumer, frankly. 

These companies will not change until enough customers vote with their feet and go elsewhere.  For many years this was made unlikely because it was relatively difficult to switch.  This just encouraged a complacent attitude to customer service.  As more people realise that switching has been made far easier, then it may make these companies up their game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/09/2020 at 13:06, doratheexplorer said:

I've been with Three for years.  I'd often been warned, just pray nothing goes wrong, but they're cheap so I stuck with them.  Then, this year, right at the start of lockdown my account was hacked (a thing called a port-out attack) and a criminal took control of my Three account and phone number. 

I'v just moved one of my accounts away from Three, and noticed that it is now possible to get a PAC code online via my account with them.  This means that the security of two step verification via SMS was only as good as the strength of the password on my Three account.  It was OK and unique but is now a lot stronger - it hadn't occurred to me before how important that particular password is.

This also seems to be the case for Smarty and O2, (but not as far as I can see for EE or Vodafone).  Anyone using SMS verification (e.g. for banking) on a phone on one of the affected networks might want to make sure they are comfortable with how a strong a password is on their account.