Owner of boat sought

tove

Featured Posts

That sort of question generally results in no positive answers.

The forum has no idea if you are a spurned lover going to burn the boat down, or a shareholder and the other share holder has stolen the boat, or any other combination of reasons.

If you get a Police report number, so confirming you have a legitimate claim on knowing where the boat is, then the forum will go out of its way to help you find it, otherwise I'm afraid you won;t get much help.

If it is for an emergency then CaRT may be able to help (eg boat sinking) or if you have a legitimate legal reason (eg the boat did serious damage to you or your boat), but you may need to involve a solicitor. If it is matter of theft or fraud, then the police would be the first stop, including a fraudulent Bill of Sale. But beyond that GDPR kicks in and folk here will know of too many tales of boats with more than one owner having a falling out.

3 hours ago, dor said:

Is a police report number checkable?  Or could I make one up and put on here as part of my post to show I have a legitimate reason for needing to find the boat?

I would still be wary.

All the police will comfirm is if in the correct format, not that it is a vaild crime number. 

Could this be connected or just a coincidence from of course Facebook

2nd time of asking but does anyone know who owns the narrowboat called "Hope" ? The alarm system has been going off for three days now intermittently and at all hours of the day and night. The alarm is now basically acting as a system to tell any potential intruder that the boat is empty so not really serving it's purpose. Please respond and I'll see if I can help in any way.

4 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

2nd time of asking but does anyone know who owns the narrowboat called "Hope" ? The alarm system has been going off for three days now intermittently and at all hours of the day and night. The alarm is now basically acting as a system to tell any potential intruder that the boat is empty so not really serving it's purpose. Please respond and I'll see if I can help in any way.

And with solar the battery will never flatten...

What's the point of an alarm on a boat dumped unattended on the towpath? It's a bit odd, as usually, a boat with stuff growing on the lid has got someone living on it.

And if I lived anywhere near such an irritating beasr, I'd either force a door to disable the alarm or report it to the police as a crime scene.

5 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

As it says, in large letters, that it belongs to the Spooner family and moors at Furness Vale Marina, it might be worth ringing the marina? While they won't give you contact details, they may pass a message on.

It could be the Fooner Spamily?

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

If the alarm is just being a nuisance to neighbours then I would report it to CRT. If you think the owner may be lying dead inside, then it's a police matter.