CRT Service Cards

Derek Porteous

Featured Posts

How do members get their CRT service cards? Tried to get a pump-out at Grindley Brook this morning. CRT tell (by Twitter) that they are only doing on-line sales (pretty useless if you are out boating). Also told me they have no plans to convert their payment option from card readers to phone/ bank card payment.

3 hours ago, Derek Porteous said:

How do members get their CRT service cards? Tried to get a pump-out at Grindley Brook this morning. CRT tell (by Twitter) that they are only doing on-line sales (pretty useless if you are out boating). Also told me they have no plans to convert their payment option from card readers to phone/ bank card payment.

I thought the cafe at the locks sells them? They certainly used to. Somewhere on the CRT website...possibly linked from the page about the self pump outs is a list of stockists across the country which may or may not be up to date. 

Scroll down on this page. 
https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/boating-services/water-points-and-sewage-disposal

Edited by frangar

I bought my most recent one at the little shop at Bratch Locks. I wish I'd spent the money on an ice-cream binge, cos I put it in the pump out machine at Lapworth which had all the right lights and made all the right noises, but provided no suction.  I rang CRT to report the defect but, whilst they assured me that my call was important to them, there was unprecedented demand so they cut me off for my convenience. Money well wasted.   :banghead:

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I bought my most recent one at the little shop at Bratch Locks. I wish I'd spent the money on an ice-cream binge, cos I put it in the pump out machine at Lapworth which had all the right lights and made all the right noises, but provided no suction.  I rang CRT to report the defect but, whilst they assured me that my call was important to them, there was unprecedented demand so they cut me off for my convenience. Money well wasted.   :banghead:

I trust you tried again or sent an email explaining what had happened? Ive found CRT quite helpful sending out a new card which although doesn't help at the time does mean you aren't out of pocket....

• Happy 1

Just now, frangar said:

I trust you tried again or sent an email explaining what had happened? Ive found CRT quite helpful sending out a new card which although doesn't help at the time does mean you aren't out of pocket....

You are right, of course, and I probably should have tried a bit harder.  Actually, I put an "Out of order" note on the machine and moved on, so I guess I paid the price in return for an easy life.  :)