Stolan Boat

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

25 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Anyhow, towpath telegraph and all that...the Elusive 1 was nicked from North Kilworth, apparently, and caught between Crick tunnel and the Watford flight. The thief red oxided the name panel out, but didnt remove the boat number or licence in the window.

It wasn’t very elusive after all.

13 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

When I was 'working' we had an International Marketing Meeting in my offices in Hamburg. Each attendee was requested to bring some of their local 'Christmas Food / Treats'.

I took a few boxes of Mince-Pies, and surprisingly, despite the weird and wonderful stuff they eat (pigs trotters !!!), all of the German attendees were almost physically sick and actually spat out their mince-pies.

Strange how taste differ around the world. I don't like Stollen because I dislike Almonds.

I once (with family visiting for Christmas) tried making 'original' mince pies from an old (authentic) recipe. They were once savoury, made with minced meat and other flavourings. They were not deemed a success!

8 hours ago, ANJ64 said:

I'm smiling as the thread drifts lazily away from its moorings.....?

That's Life as Ester Ranston would say . My spelling gave it a way out, even it that was still wrong

5 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The boat is found - end of story.

The thread could just be left to die and moulder away in some forgotten corner, or it can be kept alive with a bit of seasonal frivolity. (It is nearly Christmas).

Christmas comes but once a ferkin, when it does your ferkin workin

1 hour ago, Mike Todd said:

I once (with family visiting for Christmas) tried making 'original' mince pies from an old (authentic) recipe. They were once savoury, made with minced meat and other flavourings. They were not deemed a success!

Mice pies, according to the spillchucker...

The story has now reached the Telegraph :

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/09/06/canal-boat-thief-leads-police-4mph-chase-officers-say-13-mile/

A narrow boat stolen from its moorings at 6am on Saturday morning was apprehended by police after a "career first" 13-mile police pursuit down a canal thanks to the quick thinking of fellow boat owners.

Chris Tomlinson, a trials pilot who purchased the Elusive No.1 just 18 months ago, endured a stressful few hours after discovering that his family’s “pride and joy” had been stolen.

He was at the family home between the Lakes and the Dales in Lancashire on Saturday morning when he discovered that the boat had been taken from its mooring at North Kilworth Marina in Leicestershire almost 150 miles away.

And what a wonderful name for a stolen boat !

"Elusive"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
58 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

Once again, and the reassuring bit of this sorry tale, stolen boat reports are rarely straightforward theft on the cut.

Edited by Sea Dog
Removed flippancy written before reading the link
  • Greenie 1