Stolan Boat

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, john6767 said:

13 mile chase, how does that work, that’s 5 hours across the summit

Presumably  the thief had a head start over the police .

Good that the boat was recovered . Lets hope the thief doesn't get let off lightly.

8 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Along with sneaking it up Foxton ......

Of course I was thinking the marina was on the summit, but it’s not.  Wonder what they gave as the boat name at Foxton.

Anyway despite the police selfie’s making themselves look a tad unprofessional, at least the boat had been recovered, which is the main thing.

5 hours ago, john6767 said:

Anyway despite the police selfie’s making themselves look a tad unprofessional

I was troubled it might have been the Police that had described it as "Stolan" making it sound like a dreary German Christmas bread.

Famous for having a much more interesting and appetising looking wrapper than the contents little is said of its taste and often it's only described as being colourful in appearance.

• Greenie 2

30 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

I was troubled it might have been the Police that had described it as "Stolan" making it sound like a dreary German Christmas bread.

Famous for having a much more interesting and appetising looking wrapper than the contents little is said of its taste and often it's only described as being colourful in appearance.

Oooooooh. I could just eat some now!

Just now, ditchcrawler said:

Can you only eat it in the dark then?

When I was 'working' we had an International Marketing Meeting in my offices in Hamburg. Each attendee was requested to bring some of their local 'Christmas Food / Treats'.

I took a few boxes of Mince-Pies, and surprisingly, despite the weird and wonderful stuff they eat (pigs trotters !!!), all of the German attendees were almost physically sick and actually spat out their mince-pies.

Strange how taste differ around the world. I don't like Stollen because I dislike Almonds.

3 hours ago, ANJ64 said:

I'm smiling as the thread drifts lazily away from its moorings.....?

The boat is found - end of story.

The thread could just be left to die and moulder away in some forgotten corner, or it can be kept alive with a bit of seasonal frivolity. (It is nearly Christmas).

Edited by Alan de Enfield

10 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

................ all of the German attendees were almost physically sick and actually spat out their mince-pies.

I recall one pre-Christmas meeting a few years ago  in the UK but where  the client was French and one of the attendees was Belgian. 

As it was the day before Christmas  Eve the client put on a very nice  Christmas themed buffet lunch . The Belgian refused the mince pies because he knew what was in them  .  I asked what special Christmas food they had in Belgium and he said there was none. 

Not really sure what's not to like about a mince pie.  It will soon be that time of year .

Edited by MartynG