12v fuse box replacement

Baldy1976

Featured Posts

Anything will be better than those ceramic fuses and their holders. A blade fuse box will be fine providing its internal conductors are capable of carrying the current and you can get fuses of the correct rating that will fit the holders. e.g. I doubt one would be suitable for anything but a small inverter because you could not get a suitable fuse to fit the holders.

I was under the impression that inverters have there own built in fuses and the blade fuses in the junction boxes are only matched to the corresponding wire ?

I haven't got an inverter yet but if I did then surely it would be wired directly to the leisure batteries and not the 12v fuse box? 

1 hour ago, Baldy1976 said:

I was under the impression that inverters have there own built in fuses and the blade fuses in the junction boxes are only matched to the corresponding wire ?

I haven't got an inverter yet but if I did then surely it would be wired directly to the leisure batteries and not the 12v fuse box? 

You are correct but it was just an example.

• Greenie 1

6 hours ago, Baldy1976 said:

It should be via a fuse

27 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

It should be via a fuse

But of course not (usually) from the ‘fuse box’ for a number of reasons. Direct from the battery via a fuse close to but not inside the battery box.