Colwich lock - T&M

frahkn

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, pearley said:

Did you report it?

No, didn't need to, a CaRT guy and some workers were there by accident (they wanted to get a CaRT boat through) and were trying to sort it out.

The ground paddle was broken in the open position so it was impossible (unaided) to open the bottom gates against the flow of water.

Luckily they were big guys and muscled us and other boats through. This was obviously a temporary solution and the CaRT chap thought it would take several days to get a permanent repair.

Just seems strange that I have seen nothing on the site.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2020 at 13:36, frahkn said:

No, didn't need to, a CaRT guy and some workers were there by accident (they wanted to get a CaRT boat through) and were trying to sort it out.

The ground paddle was broken in the open position so it was impossible (unaided) to open the bottom gates against the flow of water.

Luckily they were big guys and muscled us and other boats through. This was obviously a temporary solution and the CaRT chap thought it would take several days to get a permanent repair.

Just seems strange that I have seen nothing on the site.

I had exactly the same problem with that lock in June of last year. Phoned Cart, waited an hour, no-one phoned back to me, no-one turned up. In the end I went through with the top paddle open, and the 8 or so boats waiting above and below the lock presumably did the same. OK going uphill, of course.

And they wonder why there are water shortages? If they can ignore a fail and not add it to the list, perhaps it a virtual fail and they can ignore it a bit longer rather than fix it with aware tape and orange netting.

Three years ago I thought C&RT were doing well, I've changed my mind now.

Edited by Tracy D'arth