Anyone else got heating on?

johnmck

Featured Posts

7 hours ago, johnmck said:

August.

Last night we put the central heating on, but uses electrickery. 

Tonight, the Refleks stove is on!

Ok, we are a bit nesh,  but it has been chill today towards Stone. In fact, Stone cold!

Not the only one at all, wet and bloody miserable out so I have the stove ticking over, don't see the point of being cold

We've lot the stove the last couple of evenings to help dry things out and as Mrs-M feels the cold there is no point sitting in the boat freezing. Although whilst she was sat by the fire I was sat with the centre doors open because it was b@##£y hot.

Webasto has been on each morning for an hour for the last few days, its on now as its below 15 degrees in the cabin. I dont do, cold I leave that to house dwellers.  Twas on for two hours last evening also. Not cold enough for the stove yet but this is ideal august weather for the secondary heating.

• Greenie 1

I left an oil filled rad on last night. Painted the Squirrel yesterday and didn't fancy fumes overnight.

I must have the only e/spacher that's over 20 years old and never been fired up ?

Edited by Slim

9 minutes ago, Halsey said:

winter house dweller here - heating on!?

Our heating at home is never actually ‘off’ in the strict sense of the word. It’s set to 21C and normally never fires up before the end of September. This year it’s already been on for an hour or two every day for a week!

We inherited the Hive when we bought our current home. Got to say, I am impressed. Controls the heating, a few lights and a motion sensor. All controlled via an app. Thinking of adding a couple of cameras to the system as well.

1 hour ago, restlessnomad said:

Does anybody use nest or hive thermostat at home? 

Want to buy one but not sure which one, and whether I should fit it myself.

I was going to, but our existing thermostat was just a simple manual rotating two wire on/off type. You need to have an additional seperate power supply to the stat for something like a Nest type to work.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

12 hours ago, Victor Vectis said:

Weather man on the radio said it got down to freezing at Shap last night.

Shap 1966, the snow ploughs out all night.

When the A66 was passable  the snow was about 12foot high and it was an inch of ice over-gritted, you just kept going, no option!

Edited by LadyG
was

1 hour ago, johnmck said:

We inherited the Hive when we bought our current home. Got to say, I am impressed. Controls the heating, a few lights and a motion sensor. All cot be doing with all tbatontrolled via an app. Thinking of adding a couple of cameras to the system as well.

Why?

I could not be bothered with that...

Edited by LadyG