Its August. its raining. Its very Windy.

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

Today the weather has cleared up all over the U.K. - in neat time for me to mow the lawns this morning and then experience the rare pleasure of watching international cricket "live" on T.V. this afternoon.

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

Today the weather has cleared up all over the U.K. - in neat time for me to mow the lawns this morning and then experience the rare pleasure of watching international cricket "live" on T.V. this afternoon.

Mike, you are in luck!! B and Q are open this morning and do indeed sell Dulux paint, this means you have time to purchase some and watch it dry this afternoon as that would be far more interesting than the cricket...................any bloomin cricket!! :D

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Mike, you are in luck!! B and Q are open this morning and do indeed sell Dulux paint, this means you have time to purchase some and watch it dry this afternoon as that would be far more interesting than the cricket...................any bloomin cricket!! :D

So true.

• Unimpressed 1

1 hour ago, Athy said:

You had to say that word, Now it's going to pour down.

34 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

You had to say that word, Now it's going to pour down.

It was fine and sunny here until an hour ago, now large grey clouds are forming..............AGAIN :o

Still tis moocho nicer than that vile 35 degrees european weather nonsense we had a week or two ago. I am hoping that gets negotiated away by january ;)

• Haha 2

On 30/08/2020 at 09:32, mrsmelly said:

But is any of it dark green? I think I recently posted somewhere on the forum about the total lack of dark green paint in B&Q. Anyway, cricket fans might like dark green, a standard colour to paint a pavilion. In fact, I remember I sat my Oxford entrance exam in 1972 in our school's cricket pavilion, which was that colour (on the outside at least!)

On 29/08/2020 at 20:45, TheBiscuits said:

It's listed on the CRT reference map as OD-001, so I'd say it's CRT waters, even if they aren't sure.

https://canalrivertrust.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapTools/index.html?appid=b46e3e0bda4a44a0be267df7674139a5

We just need someone to moor up on it for a few months and see what happens ...

:giggles:

The CaRT interactive map clearly shows that Duke's Cut is theirs, but the river branch from there to the main navigation just above King's Lock is not (assume EA)

BBC Weather threatens a maximum temperature (or a "high", as weathercasters sometimes call it to pander to viewers who do not understand the words "maximum" and "temperature") of 73 degrees, though a 12 m.p.h. wind may make it feel cooler. It is supposed to remain dry though, so a sally into the garden after I've finished a bit of work which I have to do this morning is on the cards.

We need to do a bit of a rain dance for the coming few weeks please :huh:

We could do with some fresh in the Trent before the 26th September, otherwise we are going to have to wait until 4.30-5.00pm before we can get out of Torksey heading for Cromwell!!

3 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

We could do with some fresh in the Trent before the 26th September, otherwise we are going to have to wait until 4.30-5.00pm before we can get out of Torksey heading for Cromwell!!

Maybe  a very early start on the Sunday would be better ?

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

It is soon to be October wet and windy.

The weather on Saturday looks rubbish.

Pub day methinks?

We’ve had a severe weather warning from the Met office for 3am Saturday to 6pm Sunday in The Midlands. 

9 minutes ago, matty40s said:

The storm looks like its slipping more and more North , affecting Englandshire quite badly. 

The hammerhead of copd upper troposphoric air has joined the front in the Bay of Biscay now....its going to be quite a nasty one.

https://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/gfscharts.asp