Its August. its raining. Its very Windy.

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

It's a thoughtful arrangement by the Almighty to keep our gardens watered and to get the wind and rain over with before the Bank Holiday weekend - which looks like being cooler but dry. Then next week (when everyone's back to school and work) it looks like staying dry but getting warmer.

Surely you've been in Britain long enough to be used to this sort of thing?

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

It's a thoughtful arrangement by the Almighty to keep our gardens watered and to get the wind and rain over with before the Bank Holiday weekend - which looks like being cooler but dry. Then next week (when everyone's back to school and work) it looks like staying dry but getting warmer.

Happily yes. Best country in the world. BUT, summer is summer is summer. Losing me tan now.

6 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Stupid weather. I feel for hirers to be honest. But its hard going for me too.

It's hard going for me too - I don't know whether to stay on the sofa with my feet up or stand up to watch the sideways hire boats!

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

I helped a hire boat about an hour ago. He was okay but i got myself into a twaddle. Moored up just after snd helped another hirer squeeze into a spot. Its all good fun. Now settled inside, crackers and cheese and a cuppa cha!

1 hour ago, Athy said:

He/She/It (delete as applicable) could have waited until our roofing was finished (one done, one half done and flapping alarmingly) ?

1 hour ago, Nightwatch said:

Happily yes. Best country in the world. BUT, summer is summer is summer. Losing me tan now.

You mean it's washing off? :D 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

The met office have warnings of 45 to 50 mph gusts in the Tamworth area, that's quite serious 

Gusts, schmusts - the forecast here is for a constant 50 mph all afternoon, subsiding to the low 40s as the evening goes on. Of course, in these parts there's not much to get in its way.

8 minutes ago, Athy said:

Gusts, schmusts - the forecast here is for a constant 50 mph all afternoon, subsiding to the low 40s as the evening goes on. Of course, in these parts there's not much to get in its way.

It's enough to make me nervous, I will be busy tomorrow, let's just hope nothing serious comes down

• Greenie 1

26 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

The met office have warnings of 45 to 50 mph gusts in the Tamworth area, that's quite serious 

We are just south of Polesworth, tethered to the bank and not moving! The majority of the boats passing us are not hire boats...

I question why anyone would even want to move in this weather.

• Greenie 1

Rattle, rattle, BANG!  SPLASH!  

BBQ overboard. 

Its been on the roof for weeks, stayed on last night when the wind was howling and the boat rolling. Never moved.

Now its gone.

Seen one the same on ebay £399,  I think that the bbq season is over.

• Greenie 1

16 minutes ago, johnmck said:

We are just south of Polesworth, tethered to the bank and not moving! The majority of the boats passing us are not hire boats...

I question why anyone would even want to move in this weather.

Yup, a private has just passed us know, I certainly wouldn't be moving unless I either had to or I was being paid :)

51 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Its good for them, character building, teaches them how to steer a boat. Soon be snowing!

I hope we get some snow this year. Didn't even see a flake of the white stuff last winter. Far too mild, only had to scrape the car a couple of times.