Width of walkway down one side of your narrowboat

Warthog

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Chooglin said:

Wowww another one .. why does everyone on canal world take any opportunity to dismiss and belittle people .. another bully .. this place is full of your kind .. take it somewhere els and leave the guy alone .. sick to death of it ?

Er............

I was pointing out a stove can be fitted on either side. Were you not on about fitting a stove port side? Like ours?

No bullying here fella.

But I'll leave you to it.

Bat on.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

18 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Er............

I was pointing out a stove can be fitted on either side. Were you not on about fitting a stove port side? Like ours?

No bullying here fella.

But I'll leave you to it.

Bat on.

You quoted machpoint005 .. granted machpoint either has his starboard and port side mixed up or his left and rights? .. who knows ? But after quoting him you said “ what does that prove ?” Like you wanted an argument with him .. I really can’t keep up with who is arguing with who on this page .. but I would really appreciate it if everyone stopped doing it .. I’m getting quit wound up about it and im probably coming off wrong .. but I just don’t like the arguing that seems to be all over canal world .. it surly doesn’t need to be that way ❤️?

10 minutes ago, Chooglin said:

You quoted machpoint005 .. granted machpoint either has his starboard and port side mixed up or his left and rights? .. who knows ? But after quoting him you said “ what does that prove ?” Like you wanted an argument with him .. I really can’t keep up with who is arguing with who on this page .. but I would really appreciate it if everyone stopped doing it .. I’m getting quit wound up about it and im probably coming off wrong .. but I just don’t like the arguing that seems to be all over canal world .. it surly doesn’t need to be that way ❤️?

Like I said, I was trying to help and support you. You have completely misunderstood the context of my post.

You called me a bullly, when I wasnt bullying you.

Ian can well fight his own corner.

Like I also said.

Bat on, and good luck with your build.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

1 hour ago, Chooglin said:

What on earth are you talking about? !!! It was you that picked holes in what I called it !! I called it a “heat exchanger”.. you thought you where being smart by trying to correct me by saying it’s called a “boiler “ and now you are saying you can call it meany things ??? Then why the hell did you start an argument about me calling it a heat exchanger in the first place ?? What is wrong with you ??

Er, no, it wasn't. 

35 minutes ago, Chooglin said:

But after quoting him you said “ what does that prove ?

The absence of a tongue-on-cheek emoji is often a problem.

The Happy Nomad was using the term "representative" in exactly the same sense that I did, ie meaning "not in the slightest bit representative". He was quite right to point out that I would fight my own corner, but in point of fact, neither of us was doing the arguing!

Edited by Machpoint005
  • Greenie 1

13 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

Er, no, it wasn't. 

The absence of a tongue-on-cheek emoji is often a problem.

The Happy Nomad was using the term "representative" in exactly the same sense that I did, ie meaning "not in the slightest bit representative". He was quite right to point out that I would fight my own corner, but in point of fact, neither of us was doing the arguing!

My apologies to both of you .. I got a little angry and frustrated last night .. this has all been a bit stressful and I’m struggling to find a proper answer to my original question here or in the RCD manual .. and then people started to make fun a bit and I just wasn’t in the mood for it .. again I am very sorry for being so sensitive about it ❤️❤️?

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

2 hours ago, Chooglin said:

My apologies to both of you .. I got a little angry and frustrated last night .. this has all been a bit stressful and I’m struggling to find a proper answer to my original question here or in the RCD manual .. and then people started to make fun a bit and I just wasn’t in the mood for it .. again I am very sorry for being so sensitive about it ❤️❤️?

Those comments take some guts to make, so well done and thank you.
I don't know if you have read other threads on here about having a new boat, but can I suggest you read this thread, particularly post #140:

It may not be the boat builder you are looking at but the advice in that particular reply fits all situations.

Edited by Graham Davis
  • Love 1

It sounds like the discussion which ostensibly began on the subject of corridor width all got a bit heated. I can't help thinking that some of you are suffering and getting a bit frustrated with the lack of internal space on your sewer tubes? Perhaps it's time to upgrade to a proper sized boat with a decent amount of internal space based on human proportions? Then all your rather restrictive corridor width and bed issues will be resolved! ?

For those of a highly sensitive nature, I'm just joking.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

Perhaps it's time to upgrade to a proper sized boat with a decent amount of internal space based on human proportions?

Did that 18 years ago, It was good out on the east coast, PITA on canals.

Gave up and bought a house and a narrow boat, now that is space ;)

• Greenie 1