Is the Warwickshire ring doable in a week

Colinclement

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Colinclement said:

Hi all. Is anybody currently doing the Warwickshire ring as I have heard that’s its really busy out there at the moment  with some boats waiting 6 hours to get through a lock.  

Thank you. 

Colin 

That is probably old info about Hillmorton when only one side was in use.

I think any information from a week ago is out of date as that was the end of the bank holiday week and the place was mobbed. Hillmorton was still only single locks last Sunday but our neighbours got through without a queue but by the time they were coming out of the first lock going up, there was six boats waiting behind them. The volokies said they were due to open some of the closed locks on the flight during the week but not a clue if that has happened. 

56 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I think any information from a week ago is out of date as that was the end of the bank holiday week and the place was mobbed. Hillmorton was still only single locks last Sunday but our neighbours got through without a queue but by the time they were coming out of the first lock going up, there was six boats waiting behind them. The volokies said they were due to open some of the closed locks on the flight during the week but not a clue if that has happened. 

I believe I saw on Twitter that they have now opened the towpath side locks 

• Greenie 1

We came down Hillmorton week before last in under 25 minutes for all three locks.

Fradley to Great Haywood took us 7 hours last Sunday which is longer than usual as there was a couple of boats in front of us doing a couple of clicks on the paddles.

All locks open at Hillmorton today although the top lock offside bottom gate paddle broken and peeps are being advised to use the offside bottom lock 'cause of an iffy gate. Our neighbours went straight down today -busy but no queues late morning. There were queues first thing this morning though.

2 hours ago, system 4-50 said:

If the OP was not a hire-boater then I would recommend several sets of powerful headtorches in case they found themselves travelling late but they are so I won't :).

It is getting dark earlier now. 

It is getting colder earlier now!

Had to curtail our early evening drinkies by 7.30 to avoid potential frostbite.