ECS UFO vents - replacement plastic inner bits

cairanvanrooyen

Featured Posts

Hi,

I am doing up a boat and need to replace the inner clear plastic bits for a number of ECS 'UFO' vents, as the link: https://www.midlandchandlers.co.uk/products/vent-mc-tannoy-9-s-s-13509-av-112

Is anyone aware of anywhere that I can purchase just the inner clear plastic bits?

Cheers

From experience, I don't fit them. Proper mushrooms are better. Preferably the ones that you can almost screw right down.

The UFOs get condensation on the inside and it drips in annoyingly. The plastic parts get brittle in sunlight and crack.

1 hour ago, cairanvanrooyen said:

Hi,

I am doing up a boat and need to replace the inner clear plastic bits for a number of ECS 'UFO' vents, as the link: https://www.midlandchandlers.co.uk/products/vent-mc-tannoy-9-s-s-13509-av-112

Is anyone aware of anywhere that I can purchase just the inner clear plastic bits?

Cheers

Sorry - cannot answer the question about parts, but at £25 each its probably as chesp to replace the whole thing.

Are you aware that you can 'close them down' (like a mushroom vent) by using the internal 'slider' ?

I have had several boats with these fitted, and, if they are good enough for 'Sea going boats' with waves breaking over the bow and cabin roof, they are certainly good enough for canal use. Current boat has 2 on the fore-cabin roof and 2 on the saloon roof.

The only condensation I've had from vents has been Mushroom vents - never a drip from the 'UFO' vents.

The vent does have 4 drain 'tunnels' around the circumference so any condensation / water that gets under the steel part is drained away.

The inner plastic part does go a strange 'cloudy / orange' colour in the sun light but I have never yet had one break or crack.

Current boat (Now on the North Wales Coast) and our NB

CAM00012.jpg

IMG_20140428_124317.jpg

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Do a search for "ECS Ventilite spares" and you can see the various parts to buy. I replaced my yellowed plastic centres with new, retaining the stainless outside which was okay.

https://seamarknunn.com/acatalog/ECS-Ventilite-Clear-Static-Ventilator-Complete-7-inch-AF6_04201.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgf-kvKWx6wIVmvdRCh1VqQWhEAQYASABEgKYDPD_BwE

Edited by Paringa