Where can I get these window seals?

Featured Posts

Hi everyone! I've just bought my first narrowboat and surprise surprise, the windows are leaking. I'm going to take them out, clean them off, reseal to the body of the boat and need some new seals for the glass to aluminium seal. The sliding seal appears to be a simple U-shape, but the fixed part has got me puzzled. I've had a look through seals direct, but can't seem to find anything with the same end profile. Anyone got any ideas?

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-21 at 08.37.07.jpeg

1 minute ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Its a filler rather than a seal?  Do you know the window makers? 

Seals Direct may help if you send a sample, they are rarely beaten.

Thanks Tracy :)  I've sent them a photo of it, but no reply just yet. No idea who the window makers are I'm afraid!

• 3 years later...

A bit late reaction but did you ever get anywhere sourcing this runner profile? I'm in the process of replacing window rubbers and find that my sliding windows use a similar profile to fill one part of the frame. It differs from the profile seals used elsewhere.

Cheers,

IMG_20230930_121232_2.jpg

3 hours ago, Opener said:

A bit late reaction but did you ever get anywhere sourcing this runner profile? I'm in the process of replacing window rubbers and find that my sliding windows use a similar profile to fill one part of the frame. It differs from the profile seals used elsewhere.

Cheers,

IMG_20230930_121232_2.jpg

The usual place to try for boat window seals is Seals Direct.

https://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/shop/category/glazing-door-seals-561?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjt-oBhDKARIsABVRB0zDKib53LjqrOyEDz7XjXefFtiJpWD9Dk9xXERFN-h4_1l5Qj0zoRkaAiCMEALw_wcB

If they don't have what you want then I'm unsure who.else may have them.

It's a conventional two/three pane unit, this one at the galley. Hopper top pane then one fixed and one sliding horizontal pane. My 'sliding' pane is 'gunged' in position due to previous water ingress. The profile I want to replace seems to act only as a filler in the outer 'gully' which ends where the white (temporary) blob of glue is. (Sorry, picture too big). Square hollow profile with a couple of fins on each side to grip channel.  Rubbers have shrunk over the years so I'm replacing.IMG_20231004_120747_3.thumb.jpg.6d941c9773fbc0aa1321dacd7fb0c85e.jpg

Edited by Opener
Autocorrect🥴