Looking for my old boat, Halcyon 73833

Kendorr

Featured Posts

Just out of interest. Last time I saw her she was in Bluewater Marina and looking in a very sorry state. She was sold through Ebay around May 2019. I'm just interested to see if the new owner has managed to bring her back to a nice little boat. I've also got a bit of history, if the new owner is interested,

I have no reason to think this, but I suspect she hasn't been moved very far and is possibly still in the Yorkshire area.

Thanks, Kevin

P1010988.JPG

I knew this boat many years ago, a couple of owners before you, I found it a bit dangerous without a gun whale to walk along, you could easily get caught out, what I remember no one knew the builder, it was thought to be a home made shell as there was no shape to the bow just straight un-curved steelwork. The boat seams to of always been around the Doncaster/Thorne area.

Edited by PD1964

22 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

I remember no one knew the builder, it was thought to be a home made shell

There's some resemblance to our first boat 'Octavia', built by "Atlas" about whom, we discovered after we'd bought her, no one knew anything.

35 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

I knew this boat many years ago, a couple of owners before you, I found it a bit dangerous without a gun whale to walk along, you could easily get caught out, what I remember no one knew the builder, it was thought to be a home made shell as there was no shape to the bow just straight un-curved steelwork. The boat seams to of always been around the Doncaster/Thorne area.

Used to be called 'Scorpio', I met Chris who changed the name to 'Halcyon' a few times. Does appear to be a home build, probably around 1986. Thanks for replies.