LPG Cooker Installer Required (Hemel Hempstead area)

SaltyPipe

Featured Posts

Hi All,

The wife has been quoted £1,000+ by a guy to install an LPG cooker on our narrow boat. Does this sound even remotely reasonable in boating circles?

There is an existing fully working cooker, we just want to swap it. 

Does anyone know of a suitably qualified LPG fitter in the Hemel Hempstead area?

Thanks in advance.

SaltyPipe

9 minutes ago, SaltyPipe said:

Hi All,

The wife has been quoted £1,000+ by a guy to install an LPG cooker on our narrow boat. Does this sound even remotely reasonable in boating circles?

There is an existing fully working cooker, we just want to swap it. 

Does anyone know of a suitably qualified LPG fitter in the Hemel Hempstead area?

Thanks in advance.

SaltyPipe

Is that price "Supply & fit" or 'fit only' ?

27 minutes ago, SaltyPipe said:

All of the attached are (supposedly) LPG qualified but I seen to be unable to select "boat qualified" - I'll leave you to sort that out.

https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/find-an-engineer/find-by-location/?ep=nbRNUQvfrt2xWhSjAK29qO3x6FMSRDZy7v3H%2b3ExxKhXh%2b7kfr0A2Aov7KVAb7I1uiVFxFWPE0tBiT4Uw4I5zw%3d%3d

These are Boat registered but there are probably 100's more

1st P.P Services

Argyll Road
HEMEL HEMPSTEAD
HP2 6NF
 Flexible Hours

Birdsall Services Ltd

Avebury Court
HEMEL HEMPSTEAD
HP2 7TA
 Flexible Hours

B-A-R Electrical & Mechanical Services Ltd

Winds End Close
HEMEL HEMPSTEAD
HP2 5LN
 Flexible Hours
Edited by Alan de Enfield

34 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

All of the attached are (supposedly) LPG qualified but I seen to be unable to select "boat qualified”...

Here you go...

https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/find-an-engineer/find-by-location/?ep=1xPOGK1AdTeDy4hfLti5P0ku1itDpiWSAhuwPWUc6CVArEybkUemWes8IoyUWw2P0dTpNWSiY%2b6ssLq4nCqB570hSoOyvVbs9c2rPrR6WwQ%3d

You need to enter the appliance type as LPG then ‘boats’ in the drop-down. (Assuming it worked correctly). 

4 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Here you go...

https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/find-an-engineer/find-by-location/?ep=1xPOGK1AdTeDy4hfLti5P0ku1itDpiWSAhuwPWUc6CVArEybkUemWes8IoyUWw2P0dTpNWSiY%2b6ssLq4nCqB570hSoOyvVbs9c2rPrR6WwQ%3d

You need to enter the appliance type as LPG then ‘boats’ in the drop-down. (Assuming it worked correctly). 

I did that but then it reverted back to non-boats when you look at the company

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I did that but then it reverted back to non-boats when you look at the company

If you look at my list you’ll see that at least one engineer from each company has LPG Boats. 

Not in your area but we paid £30 to have a gas safe registered guy connect our new cooker up and test. When testing there was a leak which was in the existing pipework so he sorted that out as well.

5 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Not in your area but we paid £30 to have a gas safe registered guy connect our new cooker up and test. When testing there was a leak which was in the existing pipework so he sorted that out as well.

That sounds closer to a realistic figure. Okay, it’s going to be a bit more in Hemel but the OP’s quote is absurd.