Knobs!

Featured Posts

Todays job, trying to sort out the shower. Turns out the mixer just needed a good clean up, however it is missing the knob. I am struggling to find either a suitable knob or something to use as a knob. The main problem I'm having it that its a 7/8" drive which the knob would need to slot on to. All the ones i seem to be able to find online are small spline drives. Any suggestions? Its usable as it is - just, but with wet hands its quite a small knob to grab hold of at the moment ;) 

There are no part numbers on the mixer unfortunately.

knob.jpg

7 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Cut/ground down 7/8" socket glued on? Maybe with the socket tapped so an Alan screw it fitted behind the hexagon and retained the socket without glue.

Or any knob with a smaller than 7/8” hole and a half hour with a file?

Hi

I got some stuff, years ago, called Fantastic Plastic that can be molded into any shape you wish. It comes in the form of granules/pellets which becomes clear & plastic in boiling water or using a heat gun, it can then be handled, carefully, into shape. On cooling it becomes rock hard & can be drilled/machined as required, if you get it wrong stick it back in boiling water & start again.

Contact details :-

Routout CNC

Bryn-Yr-Odyn

Thornhill Rd                                         

Cwmgwill

Llanelli

Sa14 6PT

Ph 01269841230

It makes great replacement tool handles, walking stick handles etc. I hope the contact details are still correct - it's been a long time.

23 minutes ago, alistair1537 said:

Find a friend with a 3-D printer.

Many high street print shops will do 3D printing these days. But first you have to find a friend who’s good at 3D modelling.