Parking on the Gloucester Sharpness

Lewisdb

Featured Posts

17 minutes ago, Ange said:

If anyone says owning a car makes you a pee taker if you're a continuous cruiser they're talking bowlocks. We ccd for seven years, covered a lot of the system and never took the pee. We needed a car because we had elderly parents who we needed to visit regularly, Bolton and Ashford. We also come from a very close family and wanted to be at birthday celebrations.

I can't remember who it was that said you can't be a genuine ccer if you have a car but I'd like to have them step forward now and tell me why I wasn't allowed to visit my parents and parents in law?

And please don't start talking about hire cars - we bought an old banger. Public transport was also a huge no - our dog wouldn't travel on trains or buses.

But hell who are you to judge and try to set the rules?

Jealous?

7 minutes ago, Ange said:

When you're ccing you're also living your normal life. There's nothing in the rules that says you can't visit your parents regularly, go to birthday parties, weddings, etc. Having a car also means you can shop at the supermarket 5 miles away instead of paying silly prices with little selection at the village store. If there is one - our Nicholson was about 20 years out of date and many shops and pubs were gone

Deep breaths Ange!   I don't know who or what rattled your cage too hard, but chill and have a beer.

I agree by the way!

Signed yet another CCer with a car ...

4 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Deep breaths Ange!   I don't know who or what rattled your cage too hard, but chill and have a beer.

I agree by the way!

Signed yet another CCer with a car ...

Huggles. Wine not beer in hand.,

Thank you xxx

Edited by Ange
  • Happy 1

On 27/08/2020 at 13:54, Lewisdb said:

It would appear that new members get warned for calling someone an "idiot" but it's ok for long standing members to call someone a "pisstaker"?

But they didn’t. They said they “had formed the opinion that...”. That’s not an accusation, it’s their own personal opinion. 

I’m not taking sides here, more explaining the difference between saying “You sir are a pisstaker!” And “I formed the opinion [which could be incorrect, it’s merely an opinion] that the person is...”

1 hour ago, WotEver said:

But they didn’t. They said they “had formed the opinion that...”. That’s not an accusation, it’s their own personal opinion. 

I’m not taking sides here, more explaining the difference between saying “You sir are a pisstaker!” And “I formed the opinion [which could be incorrect, it’s merely an opinion] that the person is...”

So, it is your opinion that, if I want to insult someone, in a way that might break the forum rules, I need merely add the words “I am of the opinion that you are a” in front of the description, and I won’t be breaking the rules?

41 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

So, it is your opinion that, if I want to insult someone, in a way that might break the forum rules, I need merely add the words “I am of the opinion that you are a” in front of the description, and I won’t be breaking the rules?

I’m not a mod so can’t say for sure, but yes, I’d have thought so. Try it ;)

Note that you’ll also have to put it into the past tense... “I formed the opinion that...”. Because of course you may no longer hold that opinion. 

Edited by WotEver