Parking on the Gloucester Sharpness

Lewisdb

Featured Posts

55 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Of course what you dont know is what sanction has been applied to the member who called you a 'piss taker'.?

They are not normally made public.

But as I have just said, the mods cannot be aware of forum rule transgressions unless they see them themselves or they are reported.

Not normally, in fact once upon a time it never happened. Unfortunately nowadays it does, and it is neither fair nor pleasant for the recipient.

9 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

calling someone 'female genitalia' is apparently against the rules.

There's no "apparently" about it. The forum rules clearly state that people must not use CWDF to post any material that is obscene.

8 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I suggested the mods may not be aware of its use in this thread and if you wanted to test whether they were, and test the consistency of moderation you should report the post in question.

Ah, I see now have changed the context (so it now makes more sense),

Previously you said I should check the report, now you are suggesting I should report the post in question.

As Athy has now confirmed that it is against the rules, we'll see if it gets removed.

Edit - I see the good ladies post has been removed.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Ah, I see now have changed the context (so it now makes more sense),

Previously you said I should check the report, now you are suggesting I should report the post in question.

As Athy has now confirmed that it is against the rules, we'll see if it gets removed.

Edit - I see the good ladies post has been removed.

I did of course mean check with the mods or report it yourself.

As I am fully aware you are not a mod why on earth would I suggest that you carry out a check on forum reports personally?

Silly boy.

On 25/08/2020 at 02:20, Ange said:

I'm a kind and fair person who's been knocked for six recently. I'm hanging on, very careful and unable to speak freely because I know I'm stalked. I'll stick it out though.

I waved a warrant card at mine and reported to Daniel..

10 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

The classic one is the guy that drove his car across what he thought was a grassed surface. It of course was a canal covered in weed/algae.

Found it.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/2007/02/23/turf-luck-you-cant-park-there/

Heading there next week

Back on topic (sort of) ~

Back in the days when The Berkeley Hunt public house was open by Purton Lower Bridge there used to be a Sunday folk session. Several times people who had "over indulged" missed the bridge and ended up in the cut getting back to their cars which had to be parked on the landward side of the bridge. And once someone on a motorbike did the same!

Pub didn't have a bar, just a plank across the hall, with the beer and drinks in the kitchen beyond, and 2 rooms either side of the hall. On the right the "public" which was settles around a scrubbed deal table with a dart board in the corner, and on the left the "lounge" which was a couple of very old sofas around a low table. Beyond that room was Kath's front room. She used to make her own cider and if she didn't know you she would only serve you a half pint. It was an acquired taste and VERY strong!! Much missed when she died.

Used to a great night. Nothing organised as such, we just sat in Aunty Kath's front room, around a couple of big deal tables and sang and drank. Often she would bring out a big platter of cheese and ham sandwiches, and sometimes the "organisers" got a small tot of dark rum at the end of the evening as we helped clear up the room, especially in the winter.

At the bottom of the same road was/is The Berkeley Arms, a very old fashioned small country pub that lately was only open in the summer. When we went there the landlord was a bit of a "character" and if he took a dislike to you would think nothing of throwing you out. Trying to think of his name, Cyril Lord rings a bell, , but he used to keep an excellent pint. Not sure it has re-opened post Covid.

Edited by Graham Davis

If anyone says owning a car makes you a pee taker if you're a continuous cruiser they're talking bowlocks. We ccd for seven years, covered a lot of the system and never took the pee. We needed a car because we had elderly parents who we needed to visit regularly, Bolton and Ashford. We also come from a very close family and wanted to be at birthday celebrations.

I can't remember who it was that said you can't be a genuine ccer if you have a car but I'd like to have them step forward now and tell me why I wasn't allowed to visit my parents and parents in law?

And please don't start talking about hire cars - we bought an old banger. Public transport was also a huge no - our dog wouldn't travel on trains or buses.

But hell who are you to judge and try to set the rules?

Jealous?

• Greenie 2

When you're ccing you're also living your normal life. There's nothing in the rules that says you can't visit your parents regularly, go to birthday parties, weddings, etc. Having a car also means you can shop at the supermarket 5 miles away instead of paying silly prices with little selection at the village store. If there is one - our Nicholson was about 20 years out of date and many shops and pubs were gone

• Greenie 2