Parking on the Gloucester Sharpness

Lewisdb

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Murflynn said:

but he describes himself as a "genuine CCer" .........................   is it any wonder that some of us think he is a pisstaker?

This conversation is regarding what I will be doing in the future and at that point I will be a genuine CCer. Otherwise this is a moot point and not worth discussing. 

As for being a "pisstaker". Can I get a mods view on this? I assume this member will get a warning similar to mine for calling someone an idiot?

It's quite clear to me that a number of people on this thread have ulterior motives and no interest in helping anyone out.

Just for further clarity (not that I feel I should have to). I have exchanged emails with CRT and they are more than happy with my plans.

As for publishing my evidence? Who do you people think you are? Your arrogance is laughable. 

15 hours ago, Murflynn said:

presumably Dora is a confidante who knows more than she is saying and therefore doesn't need any evidence. 

What are you on about???

• Greenie 3

4 minutes ago, Lewisdb said:

This conversation is regarding what I will be doing in the future and at that point I will be a genuine CCer. Otherwise this is a moot point and not worth discussing. 

As for being a "pisstaker". Can I get a mods view on this? I assume this member will get a warning similar to mine for calling someone an idiot?

It's quite clear to me that a number of people on this thread have ulterior motives and no interest in helping anyone out.

Just for further clarity (not that I feel I should have to). I have exchanged emails with CRT and they are more than happy with my plans.

As for publishing my evidence? Who do you people think you are? Your arrogance is laughable. 

What are you on about???

I've reported the post for you.  Personal attacks like this are contrary to forum guidelines.

image.png.127b3026afe1c23fddb60ca4ecdee966.png

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Lewisdb said:

Otherwise this is a moot point and not worth discussing. 

Surely a moot point is something which IS worth discussing.

1 hour ago, Lewisdb said:

Certainly. As no one called you one, there is no reason for any action. 

2 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

Are you even serious?  Evidence??? This forum now needs member to provide evidence to back up everything they say, even when it's got precisely sod all to do with you, or anyone else here, does it?  The OP says he's checked with CRT and they're happy.  Do you seriously expect the OP to now publish private correspondence between him and CRT just to please you??  What planet are you on?

Well said yet again. You do talk sense on here

• Greenie 1

16 hours ago, Captain Pegg said:

For clarity I was really enquiring as to whether the reasons were boating or social rather than the reason anyone left the canals. The only thing I can draw from the above is that you potentially view the OP as a pisstaker. That can’t really be the case for someone who doesn’t appear to actually yet own a boat. Whatever anyone may have thought - or perhaps been lead to believe by others that they could do - at the outset always has the ability to evolve once they actually get afloat. I suspect it pretty much always does for all but the most foolhardy. That’s one reason healthy challenge on this forum is valid.

I can understand boaters in certain places having issues with the numbers of liveaboards without home moorings but what annoyances did you experience in your CRT days, latterly I know you were Trent/Humber region. Were there issues there or anywhere else you could access, and if not what about when you were fully canal enabled?

JP

deleted

Edited by LadyG

2 hours ago, Captain Pegg said:

It wouldn’t be much of a discussion forum without questions. I was enquiring as to why folks find the OPs proposals so objectionable that they get very personal, particularly as a number of them will not be encountering him on the water.

Boater vs boater (ex and potential included) conflict is not good.

I deleted my post as quoted above as it did not come out right, fairynuff

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Captain Pegg said:

It wouldn’t be much of a discussion forum without questions. I was enquiring as to why folks find the OPs proposals so objectionable that they get very personal, particularly as a number of them will not be encountering him on the water.

Boater vs boater (ex and potential included) conflict is not good.

My guess?  Boredom?  They just like winding people up?  Nothing better to do?

Demanding evidence of personal emails is pretty extreme, even for this place.

• Greenie 2

34 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

My guess?  Boredom?  They just like winding people up?  Nothing better to do?

Demanding evidence of personal emails is pretty extreme, even for this place.

Or how about using our experience of living on the cut to try to save the OP a lot of grief & stress...sometimes you have to be direct to get the message through it seems. Oh and some of us travel the system extensively...it’s quite frustrating to see the same boats cluttering up the same prime visitor moorings year after year...

6 hours ago, frangar said:

Very droll.....but not true in my experience! 

Deadly serious.  We always look forward to October, as nearly all the VMs empty over the last weekend in September.

It's even better in November, as the VMs nearly all go to 14 days.  March comes as a bit of a shock again though!

• Greenie 2

31 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Deadly serious.  We always look forward to October, as nearly all the VMs empty over the last weekend in September.

It's even better in November, as the VMs nearly all go to 14 days.  March comes as a bit of a shock again though!

Good int it. even the winter moorings are empty 

2 hours ago, Dave Payne said:

What a horrible thread this turned into.. 

Yes... a few years ago I asked where I could park my car in Lymm on The Bridgewater. Got some great answers, very quickly, and all was good.

Cant believe the kind of answers some people provide to some questions here.

• Greenie 2

10 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

Yes... a few years ago I asked where I could park my car in Lymm on The Bridgewater. Got some great answers, very quickly, and all was good.

Cant believe the kind of answers some people provide to some questions here.

Seems like the OP make the terminal mistake of using the two fateful letters in his initial query "CC".  From then on, many people showed their deeply held prejudice.  Even when it was clearly stated that they were wrong in their preconceptions, they refused to acknowledge it and pipe down.  Quite sad really.

• Greenie 3