Photos Vanished

Featured Posts

51 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

OK, can someone hold my hand please!

As I have kind offers of trying to edit the posts to add in the photos I thought the way to go would be for me to find the photos and host them in the CWDF gallery but when I click on "gallery" there are no photos there!

How do I host them on CWDF?

I had a look on your Facebook page but can't work out which one relates to what. If you can help me with that I can help fix your original post.

As regards to uploading photos on CWDF, when you go to compose/write a new post you will see an option to attach photos. 

posts.PNG.ba73ce1c4a76768730cbcc9b35596273.PNG

24 minutes ago, RichM said:

I had a look on your Facebook page but can't work out which one relates to what. If you can help me with that I can help fix your original post.

As regards to uploading photos on CWDF, when you go to compose/write a new post you will see an option to attach photos. 

posts.PNG.ba73ce1c4a76768730cbcc9b35596273.PNG

Thank you, no it won't be straightforward to locate which photo goes where. In the mean time it seems like I need to create a new thread just to host the photos.

It's seems like it is a lot of work, not just for me but for you mods and I am unsre I want to put you to all that trouble, I will have another look tomottow when I might be in a better frame of mind to get it done

17 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

Thank you, no it won't be straightforward to locate which photo goes where. In the mean time it seems like I need to create a new thread just to host the photos.

It's seems like it is a lot of work, not just for me but for you mods and I am unsre I want to put you to all that trouble, I will have another look tomottow when I might be in a better frame of mind to get it done

No, please dont do that, too much hassle and duplicate work,  am sure admin will help you out in re linking images. If you are member of multiple forums, it will be tedious to upload to them all.

117801228_189976272557907_32910356996113

Edited by restlessnomad

5 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

No, please dont do that, too much hassle and duplicate work,  am sure admin will help you out in re linking images. If you are member of multiple forums, it will be tedious to upload to them all.

117801228_189976272557907_32910356996113

But Facebook embedded images are likely to stop working after period of time. 

• Greenie 1

If you can find the photos, and which posts they go with, then we can replace the FB linked images with ones uploaded directly into the post.

Canalworld aim to host images at a good resolution, indefinitely, for free. Something which is not universally done, but makes the forum a much nice place to use and browser, as well as hopefully maintaining the content long term should someone wish to view it later.

Daniel

19 minutes ago, DHutch said:

If you can find the photos, and which posts they go with, then we can replace the FB linked images with ones uploaded directly into the post.

Canalworld aim to host images at a good resolution, indefinitely, for free. Something which is not universally done, but makes the forum a much nice place to use and browser, as well as hopefully maintaining the content long term should someone wish to view it later.

Daniel

But, can the size limit of photos be increased ?

16 hours ago, DHutch said:

Daniel

what is the total size of photos/attachments on cw forum?  

On 16/08/2020 at 14:24, dor said:

Another good reason to have nothing to do with Facebook.

Sorry that’s not very sympathetic.  Would it not be better to use a more conventional picture hosting site rather than social media? 

Not only do I never visit farcebook, as a dinosaur I still take any fotos of any importance with a proper camera with a proper film in it. There is always a proper copy and if not the negatives last for years and years. Using proper cameras with proper films means instead of taking thousands of never to be seen again digital stuff I am careful about useage and keep all of them. In 20 years time with all this fone foto stuff most people simply will not have any fotos, I love looking back at the 100 year old proper ones I have of famiy.

5 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Not only do I never visit farcebook, as a dinosaur I still take any fotos of any importance with a proper camera with a proper film in it. There is always a proper copy and if not the negatives last for years and years. Using proper cameras with proper films means instead of taking thousands of never to be seen again digital stuff I am careful about useage and keep all of them. In 20 years time with all this fone foto stuff most people simply will not have any fotos, I love looking back at the 100 year old proper ones I have of famiy.

also the look of your face when half of the negatives come blank: priceless :)

On 16/08/2020 at 14:18, cheshire~rose said:

What is your point?

I thought it was a nice photo, I gave it a greenie for style, not for technical content btw...

we don't know where it is or the name off the point [eg Ness of Sussex]

Edited by LadyG

I had not forgotten I needed to get on with trying to deal with the photo conundrum but have been busy doing other stuff but I am going to see if I can get it up to date this week.

If there is a kindly admin who has a little time on his hands to dump the photos on the gaps I would very much appreciate it, Once it is all up to date this thread can then be deleted so I am not taking up too much space on the forum with my rubbish ;)

I figure if I spam this thread with the photos and try and add the sequence of numbers that appears where each one is missing from then hopefully it will tally up for whoever is doing it?

I am going to post the very first one to test how it works and, if I don't get distracted I will follow with more

82781124_102293641326171_679360654670299.jpg

Edit to add the file name because I am unsure if it is visible

82781124_102293641326171_679360654670299

Edited by cheshire~rose
  • Greenie 1

Three more photos which fill the gaps up to post 14

89573277_10157905461414070_5202095020621

89573277_10157905461414070_5202095020621.jpg

89810788_10157905911689070_1732129249273

89810788_10157905911689070_1732129249273.jpg

89912706_10157906569404070_8671110032240

89912706_10157906569404070_8671110032240.jpg

Unfortunately the images seem to have uploaded in the reverse order that they need to appear in the other thread - sorry! this is getting complicated!

Edited by cheshire~rose