A tale from the riverbank

LadyG

Featured Posts

Moored on the Chesterfield adjacent to a big patch of weed my cat identified a family of moorhens within the weed and indeed I later disturbed MrsM when I somehow managed to drop a bottle of wine near the weed, she created a diversion by repeatedy throwing herself in to the water, sort of twirling in the water, and moving away from her chicks.

Overnight she moved her brood [three chicks] on to a huge island of weed floating in the middle of the canal. How lovely.

Edited by LadyG
  • Happy 1

55 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Can't help thinking it would have been more lovely if you and your cat had taken care not to disturb her Lady G.  :(

I know, cat did not go near, just stared, and I was close enough to hear chirping too.

I  dropped my shopping on bank and wine bottle rolled in to the weeds, so I had to reach down to get it back,

Not sure when she decided to move, but she will have to move again when the boats start moving the floating weed will disapate. chicks are almost too big to fit under her wings