Just had a newsletter from Waterways

zenataomm

Featured Posts

I've just seen this Waterways' Round Robin type of newsletter/email thing.  I'm sure we all get them.

Full of happy smiling mixed race families gambolling joyfully near the cut. 

Enjoying every pastime you can think of except for rioting, they can even be seen sitting with legs curled under them on a mud free wide towpath without a doggy doo in sight.

Then I scrolled down to see this .....

106211363_23845276383560399_1960724786695902000_n.png.jpg.f56155189e9d210777f029c3c084a222.jpg

The blurb waffled on about details of angling societies to contact and where they advertise their competitions etc. 

Wouldn't it just be simpler for all concerned if they just said .....

Want to go torturing fish? Then go try .......

* The Lake District

* A harbour wall

* The River Severn above Stourport

* The Trent above Shardlow

* A reservoir

* The Grampians

Just trying to help.

PS .... The M1, Up Ben Nevis, Meadow Hall, Victoria Coach Station ......

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Jerra said:

The Lake District is crowded enough thanks, please miss that off the list.

Is there some law that currently prevents visiting the Lake District?

22 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Its the summer holidays Jerra, deal with it.

After what you have allegedly been through with your family.....

Perhaps you might take a step back, just for once, and think maybe this virus, and its effect on people in not just a clinical plane, but a lifestyle, demographic, and logistical view.

These tourist areas are being hit with visitor numbers far in excess of anything they would deal with in a normal year.

They are also dealing with a number of people who normally go abroad to all inclusive resorts and expect their nappies to be changed as they toss their rubbish around spending vast amounts on alcohol.....the national parks and nice villages cannot deal with this.

So Jerra, shouldn't just deal with it, .....neither should the lady at Kings Lock Aylestone who spent 2 hours pulling bottles and clothes out of the lock one morning last week after a group of idiots spent the night using it as their rown private pool.

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, matty40s said:

After what you have allegedly been through with your family.....

Perhaps you might take a step back, just for once, and think maybe this virus, and its effect on people in not just a clinical plane, but a lifestyle, demographic, and logistical view.

These tourist areas are being hit with visitor numbers far in excess of anything they would deal with in a normal year.

They are also dealing with a number of people who normally go abroad to all inclusive resorts and expect their nappies to be changed as they toss their rubbish around spending vast amounts on alcohol.....the national parks and nice villages cannot deal with this.

So Jerra, shouldn't just deal with it, .....neither should the lady at Kings Lock Aylestone who spent 2 hours pulling bottles and clothes out of the lock one morning last week after a group of idiots spent the night using it as their rown private pool.

Well as its not alleged but fact, I still say the same.

Life has to go on. 

However I dont condone irresponsible behaviour at UK tourist spots. That's a whole different subject.

So lets not pretend otherwise.

I take it you are not moving your boat anywhere at the moment?

26 minutes ago, Jerra said:

That is no reason to suggest we should be flooded with hordes of maggot drowners.

I dont think there is any suggestion in my response that there was.

I was refering to your comment about it being crowded.

(Isnt living in a major tourist location and complaining about visitor numbers a bit like moving near to a church and complaining about bell practice nights?)

You obviously missed the subtlety of it being a reply to a list of suggestions as to where fishermen from the canals should go instead of being on the canals.   Clearly a tongue in cheek list.   It got a tongue in cheek reply just as when somebody on the forum suggests the northern canals those based there start posting how horrible it is.

6 minutes ago, Jerra said:

You obviously missed the subtlety of it being a reply to a list of suggestions as to where fishermen from the canals should go instead of being on the canals.   Clearly a tongue in cheek list.   It got a tongue in cheek reply just as when somebody on the forum suggests the northern canals those based there start posting how horrible it is.

Cors it was.

(Next time do the courtesy of quoting me so I know I might need to reply to something).

4 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Cors it was.

(Next time do the courtesy of quoting me so I know I might need to reply to something).

Apologies i don't know why the quote wasn't there.   However having virtually called me a liar in the quote above you won't believe the apology either.

11 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Apologies i don't know why the quote wasn't there.   However having virtually called me a liar in the quote above you won't believe the apology either.

No, apology accepted.

23 hours ago, zenataomm said:

< snip >

Just trying to help.

PS .... The M1, Up Ben Nevis, Meadow Hall, Victoria Coach Station ......

Or a lock landing or a water point.

And don't worry if any of those annoying boats come along looking cross.

23 hours ago, Jerra said:

No that is why it is crowded.

The IoW is a bit busy @pres too.

29 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

Or a lock landing or a water point.

And don't worry if any of those annoying boats come along looking cross.

Bloomin Braunston was busy today, one of the top ground paddles on the bottom lock(you know, one of the ones without gate paddles...)fell off a week ago, and CRT will not fix it.

18 boats waiting to go up at 11, and that's before the UCC boats join the fray.

2 Volo kies at the bottom lock, when they should have been at the top letting water down to the top 3 pounds which were all a foot down.

20200815_214948.jpg

Edited by matty40s

13 hours ago, matty40s said:

one of the top ground paddles on the bottom lock(you know, one of the ones without gate paddles...)fell off a week ago, and CRT will not fix it.

But there's still one working paddle on the other side - that will do. 

The system is falling apart in this area. 

13 hours ago, matty40s said:

2 Volo kies at the bottom lock, when they should have been at the top letting water down to the top 3 pounds which were all a foot down.

Really? But theres no tea-hut up there! 

1 hour ago, Big Bob W said:

But there's still one working paddle on the other side - that will do. 

The system is falling apart in this area. 

Really? But theres no tea-hut up there! 

Ah, but that protector strip in lock 11 they had a week to fix....

They..

Didnt bother. 

20200816_122343.jpg