Grand Union Boating....slow on Saturday...FISH!

matty40s

Featured Posts

17 hours ago, matty40s said:

These weren't being cut back, they were being dug and ripped out and discarded.

7 minutes ago, StephenA said:

CRT would like to know where this was happening. I've told them I'd try to find out.

Maybe the 'fishists' should be made aware of section 3(1)(d) of the Environmental Permitting Act 2016

Screenshot (550).png

On 11/08/2020 at 17:15, Sea Dog said:

So, you know nowt about angling. To add balance, most anglers have absolutely no idea about boating either. 

Since both groups have a love of canals, you'd think someone - oh I don't know, maybe CRT and the National Federation of Anglers - could raise awareness in their bulletins and associated press, etc, and work to increase our mutual understanding to help us to clash less often due to this information gap.  Imagine if it said "No Fishing" on lock landings and maybe even explained why, for example. It's as unfair to expect anglers to simply "know" Boaters need lock landings as is to expect many of us to understand their needs. 

Boaters and Anglers are the two groups with a genuine interest in preserving our waterways as they are. Wouldn't it be to our mutual benefit if we were better aligned?

Yes but that aint gonna happen. And boaters are just as much at fault in this regard as fisher people

So, you know nowt about angling. To add balance, most anglers have absolutely no idea about boating either. 

Since both groups have a love of canals, you'd think someone - oh I don't know, maybe CRT and the National Federation of Anglers - could raise awareness in their bulletins and associated press, etc, and work to increase our mutual understanding to help us to clash less often due to this information gap.  Imagine if it said "No Fishing" on lock landings and maybe even explained why, for example. It's as unfair to expect anglers to simply "know" Boaters need lock landings as is to expect many of us to understand their needs. 

Boaters and Anglers are the two groups with a genuine interest in preserving our waterways as they are. Wouldn't it be to our mutual benefit if we were better aligned?

I’m not sure anglers give a stuff about canals…they just want stretch of water to drown maggots in. I can’t see me and an angler agreeing on the time of day let alone anything else. 

4 hours ago, StephenA said:

OK I've let them know - I guess it's possible its not the anglers but even if it isn't it shouldn't be happening.

It was anglers, he was confronted by the boat owner opposite, two pegs have been cleared of vegetation. It could be a buzzy weekend ahead if someone spreads a jar of honey around the pegs on Friday night.....

• Haha 2